Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just starting a thread to put stuff down as I go along.
So far I've only done a spray-in bed liner. No pics - I think everyone knows what that looks like.
Step rails, rubber mats, Truxedo Sentry CT cover, and fog light kit are on the way.
I'll eventually add the remote start, tailgate electric lock, under bed rail lights, rear fold-up step, and probably the lower utili-trac rails to the bed floor to help tie things down.
Eventually I'll look at adding a little power, but that's way down the road.

I'm not sure if console vault will produce anything for the lower storage area under the bench seat middle cushion, but that would be nice to have as well so I can lock up some things.

·
279 Posts
Nice mods, did you do research on how to install tailgate electric lock, I miss that from my F-150 lol, so I'm looking if its an easy install or you need to pay dealer.

·
32 Posts
Kinda jelous!! Up here in Canada I don’t believe they have released the single cab (no option on website to order yet).. I did find one at a local dealer that was a dealership truck but the idiots ordered a reg cab titan diesel without a tow package so that truck wasn’t an option.

Keep us updated!! I love the single cabs

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Added the rear bumper bed step. A word of caution, make sure you don't need to remove the bolts that attach the mechanism to the aluminum mount. The pre-applied loc-tite on the bolts will strip threads out of the aluminum mount if you have to remove them...
I was surprised how easy it is to push the step down - I was expecting a lot more spring pressure but it doesn't take much, which is nice.

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Added the electronic tailgate lock/unlock. This was a pretty easy install. While the rear bulkhead cover and interior pieces were out I added some sound deadening material. I have a subwoofer to install but haven't made it to that just yet. I'll continue the sound deadener install on the floor once I get to that. And then the doors eventually.
I got into a hurry towards the end so I forgot to snap a few pics. There is literally only one L-shaped piece of insulation partially surrounding the main cab vent from the factory but that's it, at least on the SV regular cab.

·
10 Posts
I just got a 17' reg. cab SV. Got a question about installing the electronic tailgate lock/unlock. How did you remove the upper D pillar trim on Fig. 11 in the installation instructions. I removed pretty much every panel and headliner when I was doing the sound deadening process, and I was stopped at the upper d pillar trim as shown in the photos as there seems to be a bolt for the upper portion of the seatbelt that I couldn't figure out how to access.

Also, just for past and future readers of this thread, here are the other mods that I'm looking into, and would like to see your thoughts:

- Some kind of side step to access the truck bed from the side - might need to fabricate or hire a welder b/c I don't see any options out there

Steelcraft Elevation Bullnose Front Bumper - Steelcraft Elevation Bullnose Front Bumper
- this seems to be the cheapest bumper I can buy that is winch ready with some protection for the grill for deer hits. My concern is this bumper would drop the front suspension down too much, since the rear suspension is already sitting pretty high. Also, I rather get the ranch style bumper for full coverage, but the Steelcraft version is not winch ready, and the next step up that is winch ready is about $1700.

Steelcraft Elevation Rear Bumper - 2017 Nissan Titan Steelcraft Elevation Rear Bumper
- not really necessary, but it would complete the look

Traxion Tailgate Ladder - Traxion Tailgate Ladder
- cheaper option than OEM rear step assist

Nilight LED light strip for truck bed - https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-TR-05-Waterproof-Splitter-Extension/dp/B07KXR799K
- This is the only light strip that is 8 foot long. The rest on amazon is meant for short/extended beds.

Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover 2.0 - Extang Solid Fold 2.0 Tonneau Cover
- I prefer folding cover as it seems more easily detachable than the rolled up version, and rolling and unrolling 8 foot bed cover seems like it will be a giant pain if I need to do it often.

Also was planning on a headache rack, but it would get in the way of the tonneau cover unless I get the rolling cover version.

Finally, since I don't have utilitrack, I'm going to install an L track on the bed bottom and a winch on the L track closest to the cab to winch lawn equipment such as aerator into bed with a ramp.

·
10 Posts
Sorry if this is a stupid question. Does tailgate lock/unlock use same key fob buttons for doors? Or do you need a key fob with a truck bed button?

·
8 Posts
6" lift on 37s, intake, custom dual straight pipe, full delete, running a no longer available, 150 horse tune from ppei with the ex lynk, and a pedal commander, custom bumper fender flares rims, tinted windows, 3 kicker l7 solobarics and a 10.2" head unit. I deleted my truck at 20,000 miles and couldn't be happier haven't had a single problem cleaner running much more powerful truck the dpf and egrs kill these trucks let it breath and that Cummins really shines

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
130 Posts
Sorry if this is a stupid question. Does tailgate lock/unlock use same key fob buttons for doors? Or do you need a key fob with a truck bed button?
Key fob is same for tailgate. It’s actually annoying to have to remember to unlock it...like when you’re hands are full. Gotta reach in your pocket and press unlock.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts