Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Titan XD goes into regen mode for about 10 miles after every fill up. Is this normal for that to occur so often? I have 4700 miles on it now and do not remember it doing that often before...

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
My Titan XD goes into regen mode for about 10 miles after every fill up. Is this normal for that to occur so often? I have 4700 miles on it now and do not remember it doing that often before...
How many times has it done it?

I have averaged 14-1500 km between regen's. And this tank I have two regen's in one tank of fuel. Very odd for me. Hoping it's just a fluke.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many times has it done it?

I have averaged 14-1500 km between regen's. And this tank I have two regen's in one tank of fuel. Very odd for me. Hoping it's just a fluke.
Has been doing at every tank fill up for the last 5 fill ups or so... So approx 400 miles between regens (643 km). Not sure if this is normal or not... Prior to that it maybe happened once since I drove it off the lot....

·
1,979 Posts
If you are driving it like a grocery getter, then it's going to have a lot of Regens. It needs some Hyw runs or some time with a trailer behind it.

·
88 Posts
Is there some obvious indication when it goes into regen? I have 7000 miles and haven't noticed it. There was one point where my mpg seemed really shitty but no other indications. Most of my miles has been cross country with a small 2300lb trailer though, and lately I've kinda been getting on it a lot since the engine seemed to open up it's power a bit more. I'm guessing I could be keeping it in conditions to keep the filter clean, but this is my first diesel so I'm not sure.

·
1,979 Posts
Is there some obvious indication when it goes into regen? I have 7000 miles and haven't noticed it. There was one point where my mpg seemed really shitty but no other indications. Most of my miles has been cross country with a small 2300lb trailer though, and lately I've kinda been getting on it a lot since the engine seemed to open up it's power a bit more. I'm guessing I could be keeping it in conditions to keep the filter clean, but this is my first diesel so I'm not sure.
The mpg's will tank for a bit but that pretty much it.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Sounds like you always have a load and hwy. Your regen's are probaby few and far between.
As mentioned your mpg should tank for a bit and rpms should increase a bit.

·
124 Posts
Mine was regening every 500 miles when I was primarily city driving. City combined with high idle times will increase the frequency.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Had one regeneration in 1k miles, pretty much the day I bought it. Bout 30min of various hwy driving every day. Only indications is elevated EGT's on the info center and mileage in the single digits for about 15 to 20min.

BigRed

·
214 Posts
Only one regen that I was aware of. Had to drive on the hwy for 20min for the mpg to go back to normal. I had about 500km on the odometer with mostly short city driving.

I know that other regen occurred only because my def gauge went down, but I never saw the mpg go to the roof. Then again, I now do a few hundred km on the hwy every weekend...

·
1,265 Posts
My first (known) regen...

On my way in to work this morning, I saw that my fuel mileage was down to 9 mpg.... That lasted for 20 minutes or so. Then, my mpg spiked to 39.3 and then leveled back to the normal 23.6 to 25.2 mpg.
This is the first regen that I'm aware of and I have 7,500 miles on the truck now.

·
194 Posts
So after reading the manual, we should be getting a dash light indicating a regen but it appears that light is not lighting up on all regens. Wonder if they will actually fix that.

·
1,265 Posts
I certainly didn't get any light or notice of any kind.....

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
So after reading the manual, we should be getting a dash light indicating a regen but it appears that light is not lighting up on all regens. Wonder if they will actually fix that.
I believe in soft regen. No notice, but if is to the point it needs a full regen then it will let you know. Full regen have to stay above 55 mph for an extended period of time.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
On my way in to work this morning, I saw that my fuel mileage was down to 9 mpg.... That lasted for 20 minutes or so. Then, my mpg spiked to 39.3 and then leveled back to the normal 23.6 to 25.2 mpg.
This is the first regen that I'm aware of and I have 7,500 miles on the truck now.
Unless you have a freak of nature extra clean truck you have probably gone through a few. Or you are working it often.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts