Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new titan xd cummins, only have 250miles on it and it has done its 2nd regen. Mainly been driven in town, short trips, anyone else have regen issues often? Its kind of an annoyance having to put extra miles on it by driving it on the highway so it will complete its regen cycle.

·
317 Posts
I would take it back to dealer and talk to them, I bet it is in the software. I have 934 miles on mine and it has never regen.

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Regen

Truck did its 3rd regen in 420 miles, took it to dealer and they did a manual regen on it with computer, we will see what happens, regen process took abou 45min to complete

·
20 Posts
The very nature of the diesel makes more pollution at low speeds than at highway speeds with greater and more stable exhaust temperatures. I had noticed mine do more soft regens when in lower speed stop and go driving, sometimes to excess, like one every 150-200 miles. I started using Howes fuel treatment. My regens are cut down, and my mileage is increased a couple mpg. I just now turned 3500 miles.

·
19 Posts
Probably a stupid question but how does one know when it is in regen mode? I have 3900 miles in one month of ownership and never have seen or heard anything different.

·
507 Posts
And another regen!! Wtf! 4 regen in 520 miles. This is ridiculous! Going back to the dealer!!
I agree,
However, I have spend the last couple of weekends traveling several hundred miles at highway speeds with no stops, and I have not had any regens at all.
It will go back to city dwelling the next few weeks, and I expect some more regens.
I was glad to see it is not an issue if driven at highway speeds.
I am logging mileage regens, etc, just in case I need it for a warranty issue,

·
168 Posts
yes short trips but no idling time, even though there are a lot of short trips it should not regen ever 100miles
This is normal for the Titan. Others will confirm and it will likely be normal for larger diesels moving forward, especially in the post "VW-era."

Mine does the same thing, if/when I use it for grocery hauling, etc. It will not regen frequently, when you remove the short trips from the equation.

·
712 Posts
It has to, you are probably not building up enough heat or running the truck hard enough to keep soot from building up.
Take it to the dealer, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for an easy fix from them.

·
19 Posts
Ok. Thx. I think I noticed a smell one time but other than that nothing. It may not be doing it as often as others here as I am now at a little over a month and now hit 5000 miles but almost all of them are on the highway. Thx again.

·
4 Posts
Mine was doing more regens than I thought was necessary but about 3 weeks ago the truck must have gotten past the break in period because the truck is different now. Sounds a little louder (more like a diesel) and is more responsive and I haven't had a regen in over 1200 miles. Gas mileage seems to be a bit better as well but this is probably from fewer regens. I've got 6900 miles on it now.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts