Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
212 Posts
I had an 11 f250 that would regen every tank when intown driving. Around every 500 on the highway and almost never when towing. The ford would tell you when it would go into a regen cycle. My megacab cummins only told me 1 time to keep driving because the dpf was 100% full. Drove to 2min and 45sec and it dropped to 70% and stopped the regen. I have noticed two regens so far and I am about a 1000 miles into ownership. The very first xd I drove back in 16 flashed a regen notification when we were on a test drive with 70 miles on it. But i have not noticed any indication come up, just notice the mpg drop and the higher idle.

·
769 Posts
17 regens in 6k miles is like 1 every 352 miles. As far as I have heard and I experience thats pretty normal. How many times do you think it should?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
5 Posts
What is bothersome to me is the frequency of regens and the length of time it has taken to finish. An average of 352 miles is ok, not ideal. The last regen took 28 miles at about 75-80 mph to finish which seems to be the norm for my truck. I've also had as little as 150 miles between regens which is inconvenient and a waste of time and fuel.

Aside from that, I love the truck and how it rides and looks. Two tone black PR is a good looking ride in my opinion.

·
198 Posts
I don't know if it's driving patterns or maybe something was changed, but to the best of my knowledge I've only had four regens and I have 4600 miles on my truck.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

·
769 Posts
I don't know if it's driving patterns or maybe something was changed, but to the best of my knowledge I've only had four regens and I have 4600 miles on my truck.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

The best I have ever heard was 1 Regen for 2 tanks of fuel. I'm willing to bet you just haven't recognized it happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
My truck only seems to regen when I am doing a long drive at 80 mph. I had the box from cummings in my truck and I am just waiting for the results.

·
549 Posts
2016 pro4x regen every 24 hours of operation. Instant fuel gauge drops from around 18 mpg to about 8 mpg for about 20 miles.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts