Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SV model that didn't come with remote start. The dealer told me they could add the factory option for about 300.00 USD. I was wondering if anyone had this done?

·
12 Posts
I actually was looking around on ebay today and found a kit for $225 but I still had to get the dealer to program the keys. If they're willing to do it for $300 that sounds good.

·
224 Posts
I did on my SV too. My dealer put it in for $475, had to reprogram the key fobs and replace the hood latch with one that has an open sensor so you can't start the vehicle with the fob and the hood open. I love it.

MB

·
224 Posts
@;
Ebay has oem kit. Comes with 2 keys and the latch for $225.
I mentioned that to my dealer and they matched the price for parts. Said I could bring my own and they would install it but wouldn't warranty it if I didn't buy the kit from them. Since they had to program the fobs anyway, I saw it as a wash.

MB

·
507 Posts
Maybe...but I'll go factory over aftermarket for that anyday
Maybe, but the guy that does my window Tinting, and radio stuff put the exact same "factory" system in my Cadillac, using the original Key Fob, programmed it and everything for 225...
Cadillac wanted about 500 bucks for the same thing.

With that said, I understand your logic, as The Cadillac was hit in the rear recently, and it went to Cadillac dealership for repairs, so I can get OEM parts, rather than the cheap bumpers some bodyshops order.

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Attachments

·
2 Posts
2017 Titan XD?

Are you guys referring to the new 2017 XD's (gasoline)? My dealer said that they can only get after market remote starters when they come out. I referred them to their brochure that had the factory remote starts for the Limited versions. I was told that they were factory installed and I wouldn't be able to get one for my SL version. Am I be duped? Does my salesman not have the correct information?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Are you guys referring to the new 2017 XD's (gasoline)? My dealer said that they can only get after market remote starters when they come out. I referred them to their brochure that had the factory remote starts for the Limited versions. I was told that they were factory installed and I wouldn't be able to get one for my SL version. Am I be duped? Does my salesman not have the correct information?

Thanks
I really think your salesman doesn't have the correct info. It would make no sense the 16's you can but not 17's?

·
38 Posts
I have an SV model that didn't come with remote start. The dealer told me they could add the factory option for about 300.00 USD. I was wondering if anyone had this done?
That's great. I like the look of the Pro 4X, but was looking at the SL for the remote start. Now I see you can add it affordably that makes that easy.

·
1,979 Posts
That's great. I like the look of the Pro 4X, but was looking at the SL for the remote start. Now I see you can add it affordably that makes that easy.
The optional Convenience Package has remote start, regardless of what trim you are looking at.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts