Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently removed all of the badges from my truck. I painted the front and rear Nissan emblems along with the driver and passenger side Cummins emblems flat black. I am thinking about painting the fender flares now. I wanted to wait a bit to see how well the paint stuck to the chrome emblems but I have since ran it through the car wash several times and so far they are holding up nicely. I am contemplating painting the other badges and putting them back on. What do you guys think? I also have the ARE Outlander topper shell on order and they are kind of 2 toned and i am getting the textured Matte Black. That is likely what I will paint the fender flares with. I'm going to paint the only chrome left on the truck also, them fog lights!
Drivers Side.jpg
Front.jpg
Passenger Side.jpg
Cummins.jpg
Rear.jpg

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was kind of a pain for my fat arms but if you raise the hood, you can barely get your arm behind the grill and there are 4 tabs that you have to push. There is one on top, bottom and each side. Shine a flashlight in there and you will see them.

·
120 Posts
I like the look of having the badges removed. I always remove them. As for the flares, I think color match looks the best.

Stay frosty

·
1,186 Posts
The Titan XD on the door is a definite remove. Hated mine when I put the new wheels on. Looked ok with the contrast from the stock wheels, but in the absence of chrome it had to go.

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the look of having the badges removed. I always remove them. As for the flares, I think color match looks the best.

Stay frosty
I agree on the badges. I love it without them. I'm going to paint the flares mainly because I plan to get some new ones but not sure if i want color match or black. I'm going to paint these black and see what it looks like before i order the ones I want. Thanks for the input! Nice looking truck by the way!

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
120 Posts
I agree on the badges. I love it without them. I'm going to paint the flares mainly because I plan to get some new ones but not sure if i want color match or black. I'm going to paint these black and see what it looks like before i order the ones I want. Thanks for the input! Nice looking truck by the way!
Food for thought. Spray plasti-dip on your current flares for reference. If you like, you can peel and paint. If you don't you can peel and leave.

Stay frosty

·
1,186 Posts
This is my opinion...and it's just that but I wouldn't paint those fender flares. That white is so clean I think black would look terrible.

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I have seen this on line and I like it but it could be the rims with it that makes it look good to me.

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is just hideous lol. You really like those flares?
Actually I do not like those flares. I like the black color around the fender though. Those things are huge for those factory size tires. lol! And I like those black fog lights.

·
1,082 Posts
Ok haha. I just dont think black is gonna look good. Maybe if it was just a plain ole white color, but that pearl white is too sexy to cover up

·
86 Posts
It’s been about a month but I lifted my truck, new wheels and tires.... Also just added a flat black exhaust tip to keep the soot of my truck...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts