Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to email nissan canada in regards to mud flaps and goose neck ball/hooks.
The response was mud flaps are standard on all xd's.
The ball and hooks acc. Is only standard on the platinum reserve.
I don't see why this would be different in the states.

·
203 Posts
I get that the pr is the top of the line so it should have everything, but anyone serious about towing a goose next is probably buying a lower model to have better towing and payload. Seems bass ackwads to me....
Thanks for the info though!

·
404 Posts
I get that the pr is the top of the line so it should have everything, but anyone serious about towing a goose next is probably buying a lower model to have better towing and payload. Seems bass ackwads to me....
Thanks for the info though!
Agreed

·
38 Posts
Why would the premium not have all the bells and whistles? You guys think it should be standard in the beer cans and a option at the top of the food chain?

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they are pointing out the fact the platinum reserve payload is so low. There isn't many goose necks it can pull. So why include the ball and hook.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Funny this is a copy of my reply, politely saying no to mud flaps from Nissan USA,

Thank you for contacting Nissan North America regarding your concern with your 2016 Nissan Titan XD. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you.

Please be advised that all options that are supposed to be on the vehicle are listed on the Monroney Label on the window of the vehicle. If you have any further questions about these options, Nissan relies on its authorized dealers to provide technical support to our valued customers. Please contact or visit your local Nissan Dealer, as they are in the best position to address your vehicle concern.

Thank you again for contacting us and allowing us the opportunity to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Nissan

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The way I understood the flaps is they won't be on the label. It's just standard like a fender or hood is.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

"Thank you for reaching out to Nissan Canada. We also thank you for your patience while we reviewed your questions.

The gooseneck hitch and ball and chain hooks are standard features on the Platinum Reserve model.

Mud guards are standard on all 2016 Titan XDs.

Sincerely,

Nissan Canada"

·
909 Posts
This is not unusual. Nissan Canada is not separate from Nissan North America. They use to be a separate operation but no more. So Nissan Canada gets all their information from Nissan North America. Mud flaps use to be listed on the window stickers as standard equipment but are not listed on the XD.

Also if you took the information on the window sticker as gospel then the XD diesel also comes with a seven speed transmission.

·
904 Posts
I would Just wish nissan would get their act together. Talked to my regional nissan rep yesterday and told him about the front mudflaps on restriction. He looked into it and said well you never know my truck may be one of the VINS that are supposed to have mudflaps and they may just show up in the mail one day. I asked if he had a list of those vins. Of course NO... So I also have mudflaps on order but after ATC said they did little to nothing I am not sure if I want the oem especially if I have to pay for them separately.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts