Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a disclaimer, I am not writing this in an attempt to troll, but to simply express my views, which I believe are shared among a good deal of members of this community.

I would like to start off by saying that I appreciate the communication that vendors have with us on this forum about their product plans and developments, as both a consumer and a engineer. But I think that there are some ways to improve the delivery, but also the appeal to the potential customer base.

Currently, there have been numerous postings from a few vendors about things like Catch Cans, and Intakes, and Silicone Components for induction, as well as DPF back exhausts. While these products are great additions to some, they simply are not the main hope of the Titan XD community as mods. Now, that is not to discredit the countless hours and efforts of these companies to engineer and develop these products, but I think it is worth taking a look at that you, as Vendors, would have alot more return on your investment if you speared this new product effort on items that are in high demand. For example:
  • Turbo Back Exhausts
  • EGR Deletes
  • DPF Deletes
  • DEF Deletes
  • Tuning Chips

I understand that these things take time, but lets look at this objectively, I propose that as vendors, you give us a time frame on how long your project will take, and you also explore what the potential purchase outlook is on this type of component. I will not pretend and say that these products currently in development are not sought after or will not sell, but I think that alot of the time, effort and resources invested into the technology will yield higher returns if you guys devote your efforts to what more people want.

·
1,300 Posts
X3.. deleted trucks are what most people that mod want... Do something good for the truck... not the environment.

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
430 Posts
As a disclaimer, I am not writing this in an attempt to troll, but to simply express my views, which I believe are shared among a good deal of members of this community.

I would like to start off by saying that I appreciate the communication that vendors have with us on this forum about their product plans and developments, as both a consumer and a engineer. But I think that there are some ways to improve the delivery, but also the appeal to the potential customer base.

Currently, there have been numerous postings from a few vendors about things like Catch Cans, and Intakes, and Silicone Components for induction, as well as DPF back exhausts. While these products are great additions to some, they simply are not the main hope of the Titan XD community as mods. Now, that is not to discredit the countless hours and efforts of these companies to engineer and develop these products, but I think it is worth taking a look at that you, as Vendors, would have alot more return on your investment if you speared this new product effort on items that are in high demand. For example:
  • Turbo Back Exhausts
  • EGR Deletes
  • DPF Deletes
  • DEF Deletes
  • Tuning Chips

I understand that these things take time, but lets look at this objectively, I propose that as vendors, you give us a time frame on how long your project will take, and you also explore what the potential purchase outlook is on this type of component. I will not pretend and say that these products currently in development are not sought after or will not sell, but I think that alot of the time, effort and resources invested into the technology will yield higher returns if you guys devote your efforts to what more people want.
A lot goes into R&D for the basic products they are offering. Part of it is dipping their toe into the demand pool. If they don't see a demand for basic after market parts, that makes it a lot harder to justify spending for the bigger ticket items. Most of these companies build for the big 3 diesels and know that the majority are not going to delete their trucks or heavily modify them. And then you take an even smaller niche diesel and it will be even less return for the R&D dollar. This was the problem with the original Titan. Performance parts were rarer and more expensive because of that, and that was a somewhat mass produced truck.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
So I had an interesting conversation this week with someone in the aftermarket world about the xd diesel.
There are definitely more products coming. With a little bit of tongue and cheek conversation. But as scorpion mentioned the demand isn't fully there or will take longer with current volumes. They were surprised how open Nissan/Cummins was for performance companies to get access to the new diesel. You have a transmission in a truck that can handle 3x what Nissan needs it for, you have a chassis that could handle at least double what its rated for and so on so on. The weak link of course emissions, but the rest of it is a performance adders dream. No need for a lot major component upgrades as its built to handle so much more. It will be interesting to see what comes out for the xd and what kind of reception it will get then.

·
1,979 Posts
X3.. deleted trucks are what most people that mod want... Do something good for the truck... not the environment.
The problem is states that do emissions testing or the states that can come online at any point. And the EPA is starting to go after companies that offer "off road" "test" kits.

·
1,300 Posts
Oh I know all about it. I've been deleting trucks since 08. The whole H&S problem really pissed off a lot of people. (Thanks to ATS for ratting out fellow builders)because of that people are scared to build them and try to sell.
I just want to see someone say FU and start building and selling them. Why should I have to play by California rules when I live in Canada? Oh well, all I can do is wait and hopefully Hardway will figure something out sooner than later.

·
31 Posts
AT&T, I couldn't agree more with what you are saying! I come from a gasoline tuner turbo background myself, as a hobby and as a mechanic, and now that I've purchased this truck I've started to look into capabilities and ratings of the tranny, chassis, and brakes and see endless potential. In the runner car world these are usually your week estate links but with this truck they are strengths! Can't wait to really get into the capabilities of this turbo diesel !

·
1,300 Posts
Lol man those phone companies got there fingers into everything lol

·
21 Posts
100% Agree! I have the money to spend, but don't want to waist it on parts that hardly improve the performance. Hurry up Vendors you are missing out on sales!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts