Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,
i thought i'd post a quick note regarding the reverse light on the XD , i'm sure we can agree that the stock reverse
lights are somewhat lacking .
i have read with interest what other members have done to address this and thanks to you all for your support and input .

After searching YT for successes stories with back up lights and kits , i chose the Rigid Industries "back up kit"
i got a deal on EBay for $120 (at the time) .

At first I wanted to flush mount them on the bumper using their white color option to match my truck ,
after looking at the underside or behind the bumper cover i thought it best to mount them elsewhere .

i fabricated a bracket out of 1/4 steel and drilled and tapped a few holes and hey presto .

The lights are wired into the reverse lights , 2 wires green and black , black being power on my truck .
i chose the diffused lenses so to illuminate the entire rear when reversing .

they work very , very well .

Thanks for reading this epic novel .
hope this gives you some choices and inspiration .

Jon

·
145 Posts
That is a most impressive mod. Very nicely done.

·
147 Posts
Nice. I have the same ones installed in my bumper. Expensive, but awesome little buggers.

·
42 Posts
That’s good work. I think it’d be cool to have a switch so you could turn it on without having the truck be in reverse. I’ve seen other trucks with flush mounted lights in the rear bumper but I haven’t seen it on Titan yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi sir , like that bumper and install very much .
regarding the switch , i install some Rigid flush mounts for driving lights
and had custom switches from Rocker Switch Pros , of course the price
for the switch cover is cheap , but the switches are pricey .

Thanks for the comments sir .
Jon

·
14 Posts
Looking to do the same concept. Did the extra light screw with you backup camera picture? Crazy question but had to ask. Thanks

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi ,
Thanks for the reply .
No the light from the kit is best described as ambient .
I have the Phoenix Android head unit installed and HD front / Rear cameras so i would really see an issue
with that if it had it .
Jon

·
1,265 Posts
Ugh, I wish my garage was big enough for my trucks. Jealous.

If I'm lucky when I pull into the basement I have about 1/2 inch between the truck roof and door header...it was scary the first time with the new tires.

It's a 7' door. My basement is L shaped...with a section to the left of the truck that holds my mower trailer. Probably about 35' deep where the truck is. I have plans for another Bullet boat next year and if that happens unfortunately the truck will be outside. Not enough room for both. My upper garage houses the new Grand Cherokee and her "stuff" The basement is "my" domain!

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
195 Posts
Everything really is bigger in Texas. Especially if you build it that way 😏

I strongly recommend a 28’ long garage. My mower and such are in front of it with a freezer and I still have room to walk. And the door will go down when my kids leave the tailgate down after playing in the bed. Barely. Like, give me a heart attack barely.

E68C0AD2-A18D-4A9D-8026-009A47F55D04.jpeg

Anyone else have suggestions on reverse light upgrades? Cause man these OEM suck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts