Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i dont think I can wait for other companies to make a 6"lift, just gonna get the calmini lif the kit for my pro-4x. I have read alot of the posts about rims and tires and offsets, but it's all confusing to me. What size would be good/fit with that lift? I want a nice aggressive look and obviously don't want to rub. Thanks guys

·
165 Posts
Yea the rear wheels do look very far back... uneven spacing between outside of tire and inside of quarter on either side... is it supposed to be like that ?

·
1,300 Posts
Yep. Those blocks are not right at all. If it's the rear leafs springs than those are bad too, either way doesn't look good at all.

·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked mine factory height and there is a slight difference in gap between front of wheel and rear. Wonder if the lift just enhances the look of it.

·
1,300 Posts
Yea it seems like that.. but still pretty scabby IMO they should be able to correct that with the proper blocks and links and springs to keep it aligned. It just looks like its be thrown together with no intention of RnD lol.

·
17 Posts
Old thread but hey lets see if Calmini is looking and ask them about the rear axle looking off centered.

Ughhhh Calmini, do you know why the rear axle looks off centered?

I really would like an answer to this.

·
507 Posts
Seems to me, and I may wrong, that if anything, if you lift the truck, the tires should move forward to adjust to the drive shaft. As the height rise, distance to the drive shaft would be longer, so the rear end would need to move closer, so being that far back seems wrong. could the springs be put in backwards?

·
1,616 Posts
Thats why my will stay stock height with a little bigger tire, luv the xd buts its not a good lookin lifted truck...to me

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Thats why my will stay stock height with a little bigger tire, luv the xd buts its not a good lookin lifted truck...to me
I agree with you if you mean many Titan XDs don't look good they way they are currently lifted. I think it can be a great looking lifted truck...that is after fender modifications that allow tires proportionate to the lift height.

I'm running a 34.5x12 tire on a 2/1 level with minor rubbing and I think it looks barely appropriate for the height. 35x12.5 does not look appropriate with a 6" lift. Of course that is just my opinion like just about everything on forums. I never liked the look or functionality of big lifts with relatively small tires. Nissan definitely did us a disservice by not making the bottom of the wheel well opening a little wider.

·
207 Posts
I can see what your saying. I put a level on mine and IMO, 3" is max lift and keep ratios looking good(w/ the right setup). With the wheel well confinement/shape, it's difficult to go much higher and keep the ratios right for looks. Not to mention, they sit good stock...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts