Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone confirm I am missing a drip molding by looking at the photo. I got up there and both sides look like it’s missing. I just want to make sure before I head to the dealer. Could someone post a picture of theirs? That would be awesome thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine looks the same. Just a small plastic garnish on each side, towards rear of cab. Looks normal to me.

Thank you very much saved me some time. I’ve had them rip off before so I thought it was missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
569 Posts
Mine looks the same as well.

Seems most of the roof features and designs now are as smooth and flush as possible (unless they've got one of those God-awful chrome "luggage racks" stuck up there which won't hold more than 20lbs).

My trucks look like yours, our two sedans don't even have visually distinctive "gutters" or rain guides, just a shallow depression running the length of the roof, and the hard top on our MX-5 is smooth as a baby's bottom.

I can recall when rain guides/gutters on the roof were prominent enough that you could hang off them while standing on the running boards. Then again, I can remember when factory air conditioning was a difficult to obtain and generally considered unnecessary option for our work trucks...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
3 Posts
I just purchased a 2021 Titan SV and saw this too and was concerned. I was always accustomed to some form of molding covering the rain gutter channel. Nissan seems to paint over the adhesive instead of installing one. After examining further, I noticed that both the driver and passenger side at the front has a small gap near the windshield, which I think may leak into the cabin if there's heavy rain. Let me know if anyone else is experience water leaking into their cabin as this is common with past Titans. Here's some photos I took of the gap near the windshield.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts