Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new to diesel. How many miles Do you folks usually go before you rotate your tires due to the torque? On my old gas titan usually 5000 to 7500 miles?

·
257 Posts
New to the forum and just did a search on this topic as I was wondering the same thing. I'm right at 4k miles now, so will schedule time with the dealer to get them rotated. $20 to get it done.

·
262 Posts

·
257 Posts
7.50 per tire at Sam's club gets you lifetime rotation and balancing. Pay it once and as long as you own the same tires on the truck They will rotate them for free. Not a bad deal if there is a Sam's club near you
Wow! That's a great deal. Wonder if Costco does that as well?

Reactions: Rpeeps

·
507 Posts
OK, question about rotating the tires, how do you remap the TPS with you rotate??
Do you have to remember the left front is now the right rear, and so on??

·
262 Posts
OK, question about rotating the tires, how do you remap the TPS with you rotate??
From page 8-39 of the owner's manual:

To ensure proper operation of the
Easy Fill Tire Alert system after a
tire rotation, re-set and register the
sensor to their new installed locations.
It is recommended that you
visit a NISSAN dealer for this
service.

Don't know why they have to make it so difficult. On my after market TPMS system (monitors up to 22 tires), this is a piece of cake. The hardware to reprogram OEM systems can be outrageously expensive. Somebody say this isn't so for our trucks.

·
1,300 Posts
They make it difficult so your forced to go in and pay for it. All tire systems p*ss me off. I think there a joke and a waste of technology lol. I have a digital snapon gauge that I use, I keep it in the titan box and my tires are all set to 65 psi, I looked at the display yesterday and all the tires are different one says 62,64,68,69.... ya it works great lol

·
712 Posts
Most of the ones I've dealt with figure out where the tires are after you start driving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts