Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced ruff idle after first starting there truck it revs up and down say 1000 rpms to 1300rpm constantly until warms up a bit or if I hold accelerater to 1500 rims for a minute or so it stops also stops after truck is warm doesn't do it all the time either

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just did it at idle 500rpms then up to 1000rpms constantly back and forth only when cold and not all the time

·
54 Posts
Yes experience the same thing can be 60 deg out and still does it mine sounds like a lope hooked up my obd read that also shows live data rpm at idle bounces between 610 and 640 if I hold the pedal to about 1500 rpms then it gets really crazy about a 100 to 150 rpm up and down. After it warms up its fine. Checked another truck on the lot today had not been started at all today experienced the same thing

·
54 Posts
I know some guys had check eng lights and one cummins played with so there maybe an update coming soon. Others wise waiting on aftermarket toners

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes can't wait for a tuner! truck runs great it's only done this like 3 times I just hit 2000 miles. I see some guys are having issues your always gona have a couple I love the truck so far

·
1 Posts
Does this truck have block heater, has anyone had a cold winter starting issue? Seems like ours doesnt like even 30 degree start up then drive through town with stop lights. We asked the dealer about a cold front, but we knew more about the truck than they did, so not much help.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I'm in ontario.
I haven't needed a winter front cover heats up almost as fast as a gas.
It was good starting in the minus 20's Celsius but in the minus 30 celcius temps it needed to be plugged in. In Canada they come standard with a block heater.
These trucks were cold tested the previous winter in the coldest winter we have had in a very long time and in some places coldest winter on record.
You never know you might have a sensor reading incorrect.

·
70 Posts
Has anyone experienced ruff idle after first starting there truck it revs up and down say 1000 rpms to 1300rpm constantly until warms up a bit or if I hold accelerater to 1500 rims for a minute or so it stops also stops after truck is warm doesn't do it all the time either
Only time mine has done something in that RPM range is during a regen when I pull up to a stop light its idling higher than normal and goes up and down then when the regen is over its back to the 600 RPM range. I believe the software idles the truck higher to get the exhaust temp up for the regen process. Maybe it was in regen mode when you started it.

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there any light that comes on when regen? I don't think it's cause regen it does it till it warms up or I hold throttle down a bit. As far as starting in the cold as some have asked it starts right up no problem 10 below no problem starting it's while it's idles to warm up it lopes like even if it's 60 degrees out it just did it again today

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
I'm in ontario.
I haven't needed a winter front cover heats up almost as fast as a gas.
I just picked up the Fia winter front (plus bug catcher) and will install it tomorrow. Northeast Ohio so it can get pretty cold, but I have owned several diesel cars and I know how much they've loved a winter front for warmup, efficiency, and easier idling.

Any good reason(s) why I shouldn't run the winter front on my XD?

·
705 Posts
Is there any light that comes on when regen? I don't think it's cause regen it does it till it warms up or I hold throttle down a bit. As far as starting in the cold as some have asked it starts right up no problem 10 below no problem starting it's while it's idles to warm up it lopes like even if it's 60 degrees out it just did it again today
Just start driving right away. Best and fastest way to warm it up anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts