Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 TItan XD Platinum Reserve. After a recent oil service I found out my Daytime Running Lights do not turn off after turning off that night and locking the doors. I've owned it 3 years and the whole time my 12V feed to the trailer has not worked but this is a first new electrical issue. I paid Nissan to check it and they said maybe the IPDM unit in the front needs replaced and I have done that and it did not resolve the issue. Nissan would like a few hundred more to experiment and see if they can guess some more reasons but I prefer not to dump my money into their learning ways to fix their own non-covered warranty issues. Let me know if anyone has experienced this and fixed it accordingly and I'll update if I figure it out. The truck works fine and to avoid people always telling me I left my lights on I unplug the lights every night which of course is not the best feel for having bought such a nice truck.

·
50 Posts
I found the fuse for the trailer feed in the 4th fusebox. Passenger side, behind the headlight. 50-30-30 fusible link. It's available on Amazon.

·
6 Posts
I have a 2016 TItan XD Platinum Reserve. After a recent oil service I found out my Daytime Running Lights do not turn off after turning off that night and locking the doors. I've owned it 3 years and the whole time my 12V feed to the trailer has not worked but this is a first new electrical issue. I paid Nissan to check it and they said maybe the IPDM unit in the front needs replaced and I have done that and it did not resolve the issue. Nissan would like a few hundred more to experiment and see if they can guess some more reasons but I prefer not to dump my money into their learning ways to fix their own non-covered warranty issues. Let me know if anyone has experienced this and fixed it accordingly and I'll update if I figure it out. The truck works fine and to avoid people always telling me I left my lights on I unplug the lights every night which of course is not the best feel for having bought such a nice truck.
I was under the impression the XD had a 5 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty? Is this not true for yours? Just wondering why it isn't covered.
Just took my 17' in for some warranty repairs this week. One of the issues was the fuel sending unit and the other a tail light letting moisture in.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jawbreaker Thanks for your comments. The Service department at my Tim Dahle Utah dealership got pretty aggressive about how electrical was not covered after 30,000 Miles. They spent so much concern and extra time emphasizing that at the service desk and forgot a few service check notes we had discussed and missed the note to determine the A/C blowing warm on the drivers side which is another known Titan XD problem with the actuator and air mix motor. Later when it came back up and I contacted her about it she said because it wasn't on the notes I would need to pay another $125 for a diagnosis visit. I am planning to go to the next closest dealer soon to have them review the electrical and A/C repairs and discuss the warranty thing. If you are aware of a good place to verify each Warranty detail I would appreciate that link. I found one unique fix. I have never had a 12V feed active and they wanted another $300 to trouble shoot that after the $125 diagnosis resulted in saying possible short between really and box.... When out of warranty I assume I will re-run that wire from box to back for some time and $10 in wireframes and clips. When I am not towing a trailer I remove the trailer marker lights fuse and the other electrical issue of lights staying on disappears. Its just not the right way to resolve the issue. I will update if I learn more to try and save anyone else from paying for Nissan technicians to learn about these problems.

·
6 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles,
I expect bumper to bumper coverage aside from regular wear and tear items, Brakes-tires etc.... and would be pissed if they gave me the run around.
A different dealership sounds like a good alternative,
Keep us posted on the new dealership visit.
Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts