Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Cummins owners,

Could you check yours and let me know if mine is normal? I was filling up the other day and happened to look into the filler neck. It seems rusted.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
701 Posts
somebody must have put the synthetic cat piss in the wrong hole !! I went and looked and I do not see anything tht looks like that ...no rust !! jist kidding about the cat PISS !!

·
1,300 Posts
If your fuel get quite warm it will pull moisture into the tank. And if your truck is sitting for a while the moisture will collect on the filler neck.
My 06 dodge had rust on the neck and it was from that.
Used to drive back and fourth from bc to alberta and the truck would sit sometimes for a couple weeks at a time it's amazing how much moisture will build up in the fuel.

·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't know about the fuel got warm at any point, and the truck has not been sitting more than 1/2 a day.

Thanks guys,

Contacting dealer...

·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
1 Posts
Im having the same issue, sole owner drove it right off the lot and notice the nozzle started rusting about 7-8 months ago. Right now the entire nozzle is rusted.

·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im having the same issue, sole owner drove it right off the lot and notice the nozzle started rusting about 7-8 months ago. Right now the entire nozzle is rusted.
I had it replaced under warranty back then and haven't seen it rusted since.

Another thought came to mind is that the gas station had water leaked in some ways and the humidity caused it.

·
190 Posts
2016 model. mine sits outside under a carport at all times. zero rust in the filler. i live in the Northeast so it's humid here. just another data point

·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2016 model. mine sits outside under a carport at all times. zero rust in the filler. i live in the Northeast so it's humid here. just another data point
Outside humidity won't cause it rusted. What I meant was that the humidity in the tank caused it by water vaporization from fuel. Just a thought.

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
257 Posts
Mines got a speck of rust. If it's not that red clay dirt we have so much of around here.

·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After couple years of having it replaced, mine starts to show rust again.

·
1 Posts
I had it replaced under warranty back then and haven't seen it rusted since.

Another thought came to mind is that the gas station had water leaked in some ways and the humidity caused it.
By chance did you learn what warranty code they used for this work.

·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not on top of my head at the moment, but I think I can look it up when I'm home.

Reactions: Nogo223

·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry bud, I've been digging all around and could not find the receipt for it. It's been years.

·
3 Posts
If your fuel get quite warm it will pull moisture into the tank. And if your truck is sitting for a while the moisture will collect on the filler neck.
My 06 dodge had rust on the neck and it was from that.
Used to drive back and fourth from bc to alberta and the truck would sit sometimes for a couple weeks at a time it's amazing how much moisture will build up in the fuel.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts