Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have stated before that my day to day mpg is better then the 2.7 f150 I traded in for my xd.
But this past extra long weekend I really got to see the difference in fuel while towing. It's about a 850km round trip to windy lake provincial park. Last year just before pulling into the park entrance I was pretty low on fuel. I Put in 122 litres in the 136 litre f150 tank.
This year I topped up with the xd at the gate 83 litres. Because diesel is so much cheaper then gas right now it works out to almost $100 in fuel saving in a not very long round trip.

I was further impressed with the xd numbers because the bit of extra weight it was pulling this time around. With the 2.7L and this trip I didn't fill the fresh water tank before heading out. As I was already exceeding some limits. Because I also have to bring my generator and fuel for it. With the xd not as concerned with weight I completely filled fresh water tank(46 gal). Plus I brought a full 8gal extra fresh water tank in the box, as well same generator and full gas can.

Overall mpg for the xd was about 12 mpg. 11.5 there and 12.5 coming back more empty.
Speed 60 to 65 mpg on average.

·
207 Posts
Glad you had a good trip, and survived to share with us! :)

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are back for two days then I'm heading to boots and hearts country music festival and setting up camp 5 days.

·
207 Posts
Nice! I went to that back in 2014 thanks to friend who was living up there temporarily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts