Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving up to go camping in Payson AZ, and sure enough, a white pro4x XD followed by a maroon platinum XD both pulling gooseneck horse trailers were headed south opposite of me. Not gonna lie, they looked pretty sweet in real life. Cannot wait to actually get up and close and test drive them. Back tires were definitely squatting out pretty bad, so the trailers must've been loaded up pretty well. Also the trucks were squatting pretty badly, getting some last minute real world testing in I suppose. The only parts covered was the grille emblem and the door badging.

·
857 Posts
that's a good point, all they need to do at this point is brand it as being what works for the XD and it's ready to go and with that being said we should see something soon.

·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's a good point, all they need to do at this point is brand it as being what works for the XD and it's ready to go and with that being said we should see something soon.
yup, i'm sure firestone had their tech's taking measurements a few months ago when it was available for aftermarket companies to come and look at it.

they did make some changes but overall is based off the NV chassis. close enough right lol

·
340 Posts
man this is a marketing exercise for them. 'spy' shots are big business. Camo/covering the badges only makes people more curious, they know forums get excited based on a sighting

·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wonder if they were testing the maximum load to have it squat that bad. Bit worrying if it's a normal occurrence.
well it was a heavy steel trailer. it was an old horse trailer, not a new aluminum one. i'm sure they were doing some last minute heavy tows, or they were a couple ranchers that were lucky enough to be given XD's to test with. Nissan did distribute a few trucks around the country for real world testing.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I have Airlift bags on my Titan and hope that Airlift will make them for the XD ... the Firestone bag's ride really sucked when empty and I had to remove them.

·
2 Posts
This really concerns me, by the way I am from your area and know the grades you cite. It concerns me that they are likely testing the gooseneck with around 12000 pounds with comparable hitch weight. The squatting is unacceptable and I had pretty much settled on a new Titan XD. I have about 850 lbs hitch weight and 8500 lbs to 9000 lbs of trailer. I never would play around with the airbags-- I would rather buy another 3500. I currently use a GMC 3500 and the truck barely squats when the trailer is hitched up. I sure would hate to buy this lighter truck and then find out when I want to tow-- it can't handle the hitch weight. I have no issues with the engine though. The grades around Payson to Heber, and to Strawberry, are nothing to sneeze at with a full load of trailer and I have had mine through there many times, all the way to Alpine, and even from Safford up to White Mountains the back way.

·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This really concerns me, by the way I am from your area and know the grades you cite. It concerns me that they are likely testing the gooseneck with around 12000 pounds with comparable hitch weight. The squatting is unacceptable and I had pretty much settled on a new Titan XD. I have about 850 lbs hitch weight and 8500 lbs to 9000 lbs of trailer. I never would play around with the airbags-- I would rather buy another 3500. I currently use a GMC 3500 and the truck barely squats when the trailer is hitched up. I sure would hate to buy this lighter truck and then find out when I want to tow-- it can't handle the hitch weight. I have no issues with the engine though. The grades around Payson to Heber, and to Strawberry, are nothing to sneeze at with a full load of trailer and I have had mine through there many times, all the way to Alpine, and even from Safford up to White Mountains the back way.
yeah they were probably over loaded on purpose. Tough to make a truck squat that much when the front end hasn't been lifted with a leveling kit. Mine sags bad but i have 3" up front and 0 in the back.

·
2 Posts
If-- level distribution bars can even out the weight and eliminate the squatting I may still be interested. I love the Titan otherwise.

·
658 Posts
If-- level distribution bars can even out the weight and eliminate the squatting I may still be interested. I love the Titan otherwise.
I wouldn't worry about squat (pun intended :grin2:) until we get official numbers. All of this is speculation. Nobody here has any idea how much was loaded on the trailer, how the load was distributed, or even how much the Titan XD will be rated for. Best not to make judgements until there is actually something to judge.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts