Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here some pictures for you guys. First impression, nice sound, feel cheap inside, maybe because its a pre-production model. Seats are Super comfortable!

·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are the pictures: Most of what we don't see online!

·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hard plastic on the door panel, info cluster and the nav system look too basic.

·
91 Posts
Thanks for posting these pictures - they're awesome! The chassis and engine looks great - no concerns there. However...

I too have worried about the interior, especially the execution of it in terms of materials and infotainment. After looking at other Nissan vehicles, like the new maxima and murano...why didn't Nissan use that version of nav/stereo screen (NissanConnect) in the Titan? The version it does have is out of the Rogue and Altima...which are not on the same level as this truck. And it's not like they can change it now because they'd have to modify what's mounted around it. I guess it truly is...what you see is what you're going to get. Ugh.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Having owned a 2012 yes interior a little dated but in over 100,000 km no rattles and it held up. My 2015 ford xlt dash warping, rattles and if you look at it the wrong way the interior plastic scratches. All that in under 20,000km. The xd can't come soon enough for this stable.

·
857 Posts
Design is one thing I think they know truck buyers are willing to hold off on when it comes to interiors, not placing so much attention and an importance on it. I know i'd rather have build quality. Better that they focus attention to areas that matter more. Still better to have well rounded package.

·
1 Posts
17.2 l/100km = 13.6 mpg US yikes
In all fairness demo trucks usually get stomped on, I remember seeing a Ram Ecodiesel when it first came out and it was only showing 9mpg. My wife drives a 2014 Ecodiesel and it gets 25 around town 30+ on the highway. I am very excited to check the Titan XD out for a work truck it will hopefully be a perfect truck for my needs
Kirk

·
235 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures! Interior isn't too much of an issue as long as it's comfortable for long drives.
Also wondering, what's the point of those lights under the side mirrors? Is there something there that needs to be illuminated?

·
6 Posts
They are considered puddle lights. I think the concept is that you can illuminate the ground and look out the window to see what you may be stepping into. We have them on the fire trucks so when we get out we can see the steps and such.

·
167 Posts
The lights are just for illumination I presume. maybe for the surround view camera as well. I was just in a new ford XTR and it had the same lighting that could be turned on to illuminate beside the vehicle. I've got to say also that the Ford Interior felt like it had more hard plastic pieces to the cab. Ford probably has a few more features to its infotainment system like being able to change the cabin light coloring red, green, blue, and some other colors. The mirrors did power fold. But I'm not sold on disco tech. I just want a good running relatively simple durable comfortable strong truck with good fuel milage. I'm really hoping the titan might meet those needs because no other half ton does meet that requirement at this time.

·
658 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures! Interior isn't too much of an issue as long as it's comfortable for long drives.
Also wondering, what's the point of those lights under the side mirrors? Is there something there that needs to be illuminated?
We have those puddle lights on our 2015 Subaru Outback. We also have the key less ignition with push button start. When approaching the vehicle the lights will illuminate. They will also illuminate when you push the unlock button on the fob or open the door. You would be amazed how much light they put out. I'm a fan. :smile2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts