Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Found this forum recently in my quest to learn and love my truck more !

I just finished 10 years/180K miles in the seat of a Dodge ram 2500 mega cab. LOVED the 5.9 cummins even tho it chewed up a transmission on me (.it was expected.)

Purchased the Titan XD-SV early May and have a little over 2K miles on it.

I came lurking in here to learn more about this DEF fluid. I used 2.5 gallons in the first 1000 miles, which I was expecting. Now at the 2k+ miles its still reading full...we'll see.

I'm liking the truck in comfort, size, looks, features. I'm having a hard time liking the transmission. This 6 speed just doesn't seem to allow it to be a truck and instead is making run a bit more like a gasser or even a car dare I say.

Need to find some accessories, understand tranny/engine finite details, peoples economies they're seeing, etc etc.

Looking forward to learning and contributing
-justason

·
12 Posts
Hello All,
Found this forum recently in my quest to learn and love my truck more !

I just finished 10 years/180K miles in the seat of a Dodge ram 2500 mega cab. LOVED the 5.9 cummins even tho it chewed up a transmission on me (.it was expected.)

Purchased the Titan XD-SV early May and have a little over 2K miles on it.

I came lurking in here to learn more about this DEF fluid. I used 2.5 gallons in the first 1000 miles, which I was expecting. Now at the 2k+ miles its still reading full...we'll see.

I'm liking the truck in comfort, size, looks, features. I'm having a hard time liking the transmission. This 6 speed just doesn't seem to allow it to be a truck and instead is making run a bit more like a gasser or even a car dare I say.

Need to find some accessories, understand tranny/engine finite details, peoples economies they're seeing, etc etc.

Looking forward to learning and contributing
-justason
Great to have you.

As far as the DEF or Hippie Juice I call it, I was in the same boat. I thought my gauge would never move after filling it up, but after 1000 miles it finally started going down. It just took awhile.

The tranny takes a bit to get used to but its pretty much the same Aisin I had in my 2015 Ram 3500 minus the PTO take off and the linkage is on the other side. They feel jerky during shifts at times but lock up nicely.

You could always use the stalk shifter to hold it in whatever max gear you wanted to be in, I use mine alot since driving in town it feels like it gets into to high of gear and bogs down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts