Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:surprise: AEM, Banks,AFE...Starting my wishlist now!

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Oh my goodness!

More evidence to support my theory that they built with Titan with a little extra breathing room to endure aftermarket modifications!

·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They did not put the Aisin tranny for nothing...lots of room for upgrade!!! Nissan did good on this truck, its all there..engine, frame, tranny, diff!!!:smile2:

·
608 Posts
It's great to see this. Looks like there is going to be plenty of after market support for the Titan. What kind of products are you guys most excited to see?

·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pillar gauges would be the first buy for me to monitor EGT, boost and temp. Maybe a CAI and front grill too!

·
608 Posts
So is Nissan going to encourage us to mod are brand new truck and then turn around and void our warranties because we modded our trucks?

·
665 Posts
So is Nissan going to encourage us to mod are brand new truck and then turn around and void our warranties because we modded our trucks?
There are a number of mods that can be done that won't void warrenty. Many people don't care if they void their warrenty so it's smart of Nissan to make that choice more accessible.

·
65 Posts
Oh my goodness!

More evidence to support my theory that they built with Titan with a little extra breathing room to endure aftermarket modifications!
I can't wait to see what everybody on this forum does with the new Titan :devil:

·
608 Posts
There are a number of mods that can be done that won't void warrenty. Many people don't care if they void their warrenty so it's smart of Nissan to make that choice more accessible.
I'm surprised so many people are willing to void their warranties. It can get mighty expensive to fix some things if they go wrong.

I would stick to mods that are not going to void the warranty.

·
665 Posts
In the oil patch, before the downturn you'd see a $70,000 Ford with $60,000 in modifications. No truck was older than 5-years up there.

·
772 Posts
I'm surprised so many people are willing to void their warranties. It can get mighty expensive to fix some things if they go wrong.

I would stick to mods that are not going to void the warranty.
magnusson law helps consumers....dealership has to prove the modifications caused the problems. so as long as you don't mess with before the cats or after the air filter its usually fair game

·
120 Posts
I remember when the local dealership had 6 hypertech tuners for the titan. That was back in 08ish if I remember right. There will be performance packages by the dealers but I will not pay a premium for them to install. It's like paying 3k for a level kit and a wheel and tire package. Like if you get a banks tuner just bring it back to stock before you go into the shop.

All the trucks I've had I would return to stock before I went in for service. It's so when they hook up it does not create issues that don't need to be there. There software only has certain parameters to read. 80 it's out of scope it goes all crazy.

·
608 Posts
I remember when the local dealership had 6 hypertech tuners for the titan. That was back in 08ish if I remember right. There will be performance packages by the dealers but I will not pay a premium for them to install. It's like paying 3k for a level kit and a wheel and tire package. Like if you get a banks tuner just bring it back to stock before you go into the shop.

All the trucks I've had I would return to stock before I went in for service. It's so when they hook up it does not create issues that don't need to be there. There software only has certain parameters to read. 80 it's out of scope it goes all crazy.
So if the dealership is selling the performance package does that mean that you get to keep your warranty? I take it that its the performance mods that are the most dangerous as far as being possibly connected to issues.

·
120 Posts
So if the dealership is selling the performance package does that mean that you get to keep your warranty? I take it that its the performance mods that are the most dangerous as far as being possibly connected to issues.
If a dealer installed the parts they have to warranty the parts. I bought a 11 pro4-x and they added a lift wheels and tires. All aftermarket parts were covered.

·
857 Posts
If a dealer installed the parts they have to warranty the parts. I bought a 11 pro4-x and they added a lift wheels and tires. All aftermarket parts were covered.
That's one of the perks that I love about getting them installed at a dealer although we end up paying more for the install. At least we know we're covered!

·
120 Posts
That's one of the perks that I love about getting them installed at a dealer although we end up paying more for the install. At least we know we're covered!
A shot load more though. I know of and researched the Moss/Magnussen act. But manufacturers are such d-bags about there S. I mean, there is no way an air intake effects the ball joints of you truck. That type of malarkey goes on all the time. It's ridiculous how a company will void a warranty with no actual facts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts