Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any luck trying to get there dealer to include a Service Manual with the truck? My dealer is trying to act like they have never heard of a service manual before...

·
3 Posts
If it's still like it was back in '07, I was able to purchase a 24-hour subscription and download all of the sections of my Altima's FSM in PDF format.

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's still like it was back in '07, I was able to purchase a 24-hour subscription and download all of the sections of my Altima's FSM in PDF format.
I bought the 24 hour subscription but was only able to view the first 8 pages.... So it looks like you have to purchase the CD. Only issue is none of my computers take CD's anymore.

·
Read Only
25 Posts
GrantGunderson this is a case sensitivity file name issue. I just bought a 24-hour subscription. When I searched for service manual and clicked on the view eyeball, I got the fwd.pdf, which like you say is only the first 9 pages. When you click on the sections (GI for instance) nothing happens. But when you download the fwd.pdf and open it locally on your computer, then click on GI, it will give you an error that it cannot find GI.pdf. This means on their server, the file is named gi.pdf but fwd.pdf is looking for GI.pdf (the server is case sensitive) So if you just change the URI that got you fwd.pdf replacing fwd with gi, it will download gi.pdf. Rename this to GI.pdf (for case sensitive operating systems) and then FWD.pdf will be able to open GI.pdf. Now if you repeat this for all of the sections (acc.pdf, adp.pdf, bcs.pdf, etc), you will be able to download the complete service manual for just the cost of the 24-hour subscription. You can also download the 60 some odd bulletins and other documents. I could not get to the separate wiring diagrams for some reason. Clicking on that only returned errors.
Good luck.
Ralph

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GrantGunderson this is a case sensitivity file name issue. I just bought a 24-hour subscription. When I searched for service manual and clicked on the view eyeball, I got the fwd.pdf, which like you say is only the first 9 pages. When you click on the sections (GI for instance) nothing happens. But when you download the fwd.pdf and open it locally on your computer, then click on GI, it will give you an error that it cannot find GI.pdf. This means on their server, the file is named gi.pdf but fwd.pdf is looking for GI.pdf (the server is case sensitive) So if you just change the URI that got you fwd.pdf replacing fwd with gi, it will download gi.pdf. Rename this to GI.pdf (for case sensitive operating systems) and then FWD.pdf will be able to open GI.pdf. Now if you repeat this for all of the sections (acc.pdf, adp.pdf, bcs.pdf, etc), you will be able to download the complete service manual for just the cost of the 24-hour subscription. You can also download the 60 some odd bulletins and other documents. I could not get to the separate wiring diagrams for some reason. Clicking on that only returned errors.
Good luck.
Ralph
Or you can download the whole thing for free here: 2016 Titan XD Service Manual Just found that link.

·
100 Posts
I never had a problem when I paid for the 24 hour viewing subscription.

Wound up downloading 2 service manuals

Best $20 I ever spent!

Hope they keep the service going

·
1 Posts
Thanks for posting that the link to download the service manual from NICO Club.com. Any idea how long it takes them to get a new manual? I have a 17 Titan and would like to download it but it's not in there directories yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts