Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2017 Titan XD Diesel Pro4X, 2017 Nissan Armada Platinum
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Soooo, I bought a 2017 Titan XD SV diesel a few months back because I needed a truck right away to pull a newly purchased travel trailer. The Titan XD I bought was Cayenne Red ( pictured in my avatar). I created my user name (SunsetRedXD) based of of the color the the Titan.
There wasn't anything wrong with the Titan other than I purchased it in a hurry since it was priced well, close to my house, and I needed something pretty quickly to get the travel trailer home. I liked the truck and it performed well, but being an SV, it was lacking all the extra bells and whistles I was really wanting in an XD. I thought I could live with the truck as is and upgrade things over time. i.e. stereo system, headlights, etc. But, it was just eating at me not having those first world luxuries, specifically the around view camera. It had the front sonar sensors, but I always found myself getting out after parking and thinking...Looks like I could have pulled forward another 2 feet....and of course, I would jump back in and pull forward.
Fast forward two months and I find myself looking at higher trim packages online just out of curiosity. One Titan XD stands out, so I decide to go take a look at it. Test drive goes well, so the dealer and I talk price. They offer me $500 more on my trade in than what I paid for it. This peaks my interest. We come to an agreement on terms ( want my running boards transferred, all fluids changed out, switch out the titan boxes, etc). I look at the XD I am interested in purchasing once more ( it is a Titan XD Pro4X diesel with all the features I am looking for). I then notice a SOTF knob in the dash, I looked closer and find it is D&T'd,, plus the previous owner installed a nice LED bar in the grill, LED auxiliary reverse lights in the rear bumper, a S&B cold air intake, and all LED lights in the rear light lenses. I decided to pull the trigger on the purchase and am very happy with the new Pro4X.
Question now is, do I keep my same username on here, or should I change it since my username was influenced by my previous XD's color? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

·
113 Posts
Nice looking ride! I wouldn’t worry about it personally but that’s just how I am. If it bugs you enough reach out to admins to see if there are options.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice looking ride! I wouldn’t worry about it personally but that’s just how I am. If it bugs you enough reach out to admins to see if there are options.
Cool, Thank you. yea, doesn't bother me too much, but thought it might confuse others....

·
1,346 Posts
With all that’s going on in the world I don’t think it makes that much difference!!! I’d just enjoy that white Pro4x and go on. It looks good.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With all that’s going on in the world I don’t think it makes that much difference!!! I’d just enjoy that white Pro4x and go on. It looks good.
Thank you! I appreciate it

·
1,637 Posts
Really nice upgrade. Did they tell you it was deleted and actually "illegal" and as is as no warranty? Either way it's a sharp looking truck

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
They were not forth coming about it being D&T'd, I had to call them out on it. As far as warranty, I have seen many owners get warranty items covered while being T&D. If you can find a tuner friendly technician, I think that is key......;)

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you!

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really nice upgrade. Did they tell you it was deleted and actually "illegal" and as is as no warranty? Either way it's a sharp looking truck
Thank you

·
1,637 Posts
Techs can over look stuff but when its a major repair they will have to send in the ecm to nissan and they will do there best to see if its ever been messed with and void the warranty. Small stuff and non powertrain items should be fine tho

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yes, you are correct. Yet, I know a few guys who were T&D and had a crank shaft failure and had a whole new long block installed under warranty.....so, not sure what the deciding factors are.

·
304 Posts
change your username to WhiteLady lol…. nice looking truck, I like the highlighted Titan hood plastidip.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
change your username to WhiteLady lol…. nice looking truck, I like the highlighted Titan hood plastidip.
LOL! Thank you. I thought about "snowflake" just to be politically "incorrect", lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts