Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I been looking at trucks to buy and need to fill the void very soon. I came across a 2017 Titan XD SV Diesel with 52k miles going for around 26k. What do you guys think of this deal? Any feedback on owning one would help. The whole being discontinued scares me. I will be towing a smaller jet boat and my camper which shouldn't be an issue. Figured I would ask here since you guys own these trucks. Thanks!

·
331 Posts
For $26k? That sounds close to book to me, and not a bad deal at all. With it being a '17, it should have a transferrable 5 year, 100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, if that helps with your decision any.

*Edit: To ease your fears, you might talk to your local dealership to both establish a relationship and see what their plans are for diesel tech availability. I don't have any problems scheduling mine for service yet.

·
210 Posts
I wouldn't buy it unless you're certain your local Nissan dealer has a competent diesel mechanic. Like you stated it being discontinued and really not many 5.0 diesels around I'd be hesitant.

·
615 Posts
No I wouldn’t buy it

·
74 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A lot to research. Warranty & service dept ability would be at the top of my list. They’re good trucks of the crank doesn’t break.....

·
114 Posts
Seems like a decent price to me as they’re selling locally for a bit more. Have a 2017 SV I bought new in 2017 with not one issue. I’m also nervous about parts availability in the future but so far have only had to do maintenance. If you do all in town the regens will be constant and you’ll hate it. If you tow a lot and do mostly highway is a solid truck for your needs. I tow a lot and it does very well. The biggest draw of the diesel to me is while towing it sits nicely in gear 99% around 2k RPMs most of the time and chugs along. Only see it drop a gear towing heavy on bigger hills. Gasser is a great option too and the maintenance is cheaper and around here so is fuel. Would seriously look at both if it’s an option.

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
271 Posts
Got a friend who manages a Nissan dealership in OK. He says not to worry about parts and such for years. And years. If you’re a “drive it into the ground and give it to your kids” person be concerned for them.

·
10 Posts
So I been looking at trucks to buy and need to fill the void very soon. I came across a 2017 Titan XD SV Diesel with 52k miles going for around 26k. What do you guys think of this deal? Any feedback on owning one would help. The whole being discontinued scares me. I will be towing a smaller jet boat and my camper which shouldn't be an issue. Figured I would ask here since you guys own these trucks. Thanks!
If you don’t tow a pretty large load regularly, I would stay away from the diesel. Lots of issues, not a Nissan product, so a maintenance nightmare for dealers, DEF, etc. The gasser has a GREAT and plenty strong V-8 that also sounds just right. Had my ‘17 XD almost a year now, after 16 years with a Duramax, and I’m a happy camper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts