Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
895 Posts
35' Seahunter. Maybe around 13k on the trailer. The Titan handles the boat as well as the 2 other 2500 trucks I've towed it with, but if I had to tow it long distances often, I would have a dually.
Where's that empty boat ramp at??

·
9 Posts
2016 XD SL Cummings having a good time

My 2016 Titan XD SL Cummings pulling a Keystone Montana High Country 345 RL (11220 dry weight).

I use Andersen 5th Wheel hitch, and have Airlift "Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate" air springs w/ Jounce and Airlift compressor.

I wasn't experiencing to much sink on the rear, but if you are into 5th wheel or goose neck towing you know that having a good set of airbags makes the ride a lot smoother.

We have made a few trips in this already and I am very happy with the performance. I know I am near the top of towing capacity, but haven't felt any issues with power or performance.

Attachments

·
629 Posts
My 2016 Titan XD SL Cummings pulling a Keystone Montana High Country 345 RL (11220 dry weight).

I use Andersen 5th Wheel hitch, and have Airlift "Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate" air springs w/ Jounce and Airlift compressor.

I wasn't experiencing to much sink on the rear, but if you are into 5th wheel or goose neck towing you know that having a good set of airbags makes the ride a lot smoother.

We have made a few trips in this already and I am very happy with the performance. I know I am near the top of towing capacity, but haven't felt any issues with power or performance.

Oh boy, just fore warning you, the tow police will be out in force if they see your pictures. I on the other hand say, be safe my friend. That’s a lot of camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
330 Posts
We prefer the label: The Intelligence and Common Sense Squad

And, as we have seen in this thread and others, there are quite a few that are scared silly of those two concepts and run from them as quickly as possible.

·
629 Posts
We prefer the label: The Intelligence and Common Sense Squad

And, as we have seen in this thread and others, there are quite a few that are scared silly of those two concepts and run from them as quickly as possible.

We know exactly how you feel on this subject because you like to constantly police others on their decisions. Granted, it’s not something I would do, but I have more important things to worry about than to put down and degrade a fellow member on this forum because of their choices. Chances are good that this won’t be the last post of something you deem unacceptable to be pulled by the XD. So why even comment on it? They already paid for the “trailer of some sort” let them figure out if the XD is up for the task or not.

·
330 Posts
We know exactly how you feel on this subject because you like to constantly police others on their decisions. Granted, it’s not something I would do, but I have more important things to worry about than to put down and degrade a fellow member on this forum because of their choices. Chances are good that this won’t be the last post of something you deem unacceptable to be pulled by the XD. So why even comment on it? They already paid for the “trailer of some sort” let them figure out if the XD is up for the task or not.

I fail to see why you are against pointing out how ignorance and stupidity causes some to put their life and the lives of others at risk. Perhaps one person will have an epiphany and realize their life and the lives of others isn't worth the risk. Isn't that worth trying?

In other words, I'm assisting in "figuring out if the XD is up for the task or not". Which is exactly what this forum is for.

·
629 Posts
I fail to see why you are against pointing out how ignorance and stupidity causes some to put their life and the lives of others at risk. Perhaps one person will have an epiphany and realize their life and the lives of others isn't worth the risk. Isn't that worth trying?

In other words, I'm assisting in "figuring out if the XD is up for the task or not". Which is exactly what this forum is for.

What I'm saying, regardless of how much anyone tries to educate anyone about what they should or shouldn't pull is a mute point. People will do what they think is best and if things go south, it falls on them. That's all I'm saying.

·
330 Posts
What I'm saying, regardless of how much anyone tries to educate anyone about what they should or shouldn't pull is a mute point. People will do what they think is best and if things go south, it falls on them. That's all I'm saying.

I agree. But that doesn't mean we should stop trying to promote intelligence and common sense.

BTW, "moot". :grin2:

·
608 Posts

I agree. But that doesn't mean we should stop trying to promote intelligence and common sense.

BTW, "moot".
Intelligence might be knowing the manufacturers specs on towing capacity. For my previous truck, a gmc 2500, the towing capacity was 9300 Lbs. While hooked up to my TT (6500 lbs dry and, for the sake of this comment, my example is while empty) the truck did not feel totally stable, and felt like it was working very hard. So i guess common sense tells me not to exceed 6500-7k Lbs. Once the snow melts, I will be posting a pic of the XD hooked to said trailer. Can't wait

·
27 Posts
Thanks! Think we were able to find a perfect size 5ver for the truck and had it down to California last Sept and averaged 15 mpg for the entire trip. The ratings don't point to the truck being able to handle more but I truly believe it can and that Nissan did under rate the capacities as they did not want to compete with 400+ hp/900 ftlbs of torque 3/4 & 1 ton trucks.

·
629 Posts
Thanks! Think we were able to find a perfect size 5ver for the truck and had it down to California last Sept and averaged 15 mpg for the entire trip.

The 15 mpg, is that just pulling or a combination of pulling and driving around with no camper?

·
27 Posts
Probably 3/4 pulling and 1/4 driving around spots exploring a bit. Don't drive hard and fast find when towing that 60mph is just fine. Being retired means you have all the time to get somewhere and there really is no need to rush

21 - 40 of 54 Posts