Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
901 Posts
Probably 3/4 pulling and 1/4 driving around spots exploring a bit. Don't drive hard and fast find when towing that 60mph is just fine. Being retired means you have all the time to get somewhere and there really is no need to rush
Thats avg is about what i get driving around town. That truck will pay for itself in fuel savings!!

·
427 Posts
Hmm, looks like a bit of squat going on in the rear of the truck? I'm thinking a bit too much weight in front of the trailer axles adding tongue weight.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Or, like several folks have done to manage that squat, add some airbags, that'd clean that right up.

·
427 Posts
Or, like several folks have done to manage that squat, add some airbags, that'd clean that right up.

Though I've noticed that this truck, much better than my Dodge, will squat a bit when weight position is a little off, but only sits down so far, doesn't seem to push the nose up, and the handling remains fine. Dodge would really stick the front up in the air, back would sit like a dog and the handling was crap, got better with air bags but really never liked loads near the upper end of its capacity.

·
9 Posts
I would love to point out now been pulling this around for almost 3 years. Dodge/Ford/Chevy all have models with bumper pull of 12K have a gooseneck rating of over 15K.

Being that I added airbags (airlift 5000 w/ jounce) I have felt very comfortalbe towing this setup. I haven't and likely wouldn't tow this with the water tanks filled as I don't do dry camping (yet) but have been able to control this with several people cutting me off and brake checking to make an exit.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts