Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am almost to 1k on the XD and sometimes the truck will shutter (like running over a rumble trip) when pulling out from a stop light or sign. I wanted see if any one else had experienced this? I thought it may be an inherent part of the truck.

·
94 Posts
I have the same problem on my truck. Sometimes, I thought maybe it was just a really sensitive throttle combined with sh*tty New Jersey roadways. I hope that Nissan looks into this because this is really annoying. I dont know if its a transmission issue or the engine cutting out. Has anyone went to their dealer yet?

·
1,300 Posts
i do feel that in mine but nothing that is going to make me go to the dealership for. To me it feels as if its the traction control is just slightly kicking in to prevent wheel spin when taking off. My 13 Ram does the same thing but its way more noticeable

now that you pointed this out im going to go for a rip in the truck with the traction on and off and see if that make any difference. if it does than it might be worth telling nissan

·
100 Posts
I sometimes get a shudder from the transmission when pulling the trailer and shifting.
I'm going to consider it part of the truck quirkiness but will mention it on my next service call
for the rear lock on the tailgate this week.

·
156 Posts
I have also experienced this while towing - a slight shudder when putting my foot in it from a stop. The amount of shudder is dependent on how much I push the throttle. Once under way, no shudder. I assumed it was part of the traction control, but have not verified.

Edit - I have a Pro4X, 9000+ miles of trouble free pleasure

·
1,979 Posts
I have also experienced this while towing - a slight shudder when putting my foot in it from a stop. The amount of shudder is dependent on how much I push the throttle. Once under way, no shudder. I assumed it was part of the traction control, but have not verified.

Edit - I have a Pro4X, 9000+ miles of trouble free pleasure
Definitely not the traction control, more of axle warp. Ford has had a major shuttering issues on their 250's ^.

·
404 Posts
I have that same issue as well. I've captured it on my dash cam, sort of. You can hear it but since the dash cam moves with the truck you don't see any bounce to it.

Go to YouTube and type in Ram death wobble. Jeeps and Rams are notorious for experiencing it. Very scary.

·
1,979 Posts
I have that same issue as well. I've captured it on my dash cam, sort of. You can hear it but since the dash cam moves with the truck you don't see any bounce to it.

Go to YouTube and type in Ram death wobble. Jeeps and Rams are notorious for experiencing it. Very scary.
He's definitely not having a DW issue, that will only happen at speed & effects the front end & is rare on IFS suspensions ( even know I had it happen to me on my 08 Titan while driving on the freeway in LA). Google F250 takeoff shutter, tons of threads will pop up. Or even "Axle Warp"

·
80 Posts
I'm not sure of the shutter your expriencing. I have a 2014 TDI Jetta that does it on acceleration sometimes but I and others have attributed this to being in a regen.

·
16 Posts
Shudder during takeoff from the torque converter is normal with transmissions like the aisin I believe. Mine does the same and I'm not concerned.

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also another thing I am noticing before (the shutter) is pulling from a dead stop it feels like something is lose in the drive train. Almost like the torque moves from the engine to the transmission and then the rear end catches up. Also happens when coming to dead stop it is like everything is stopped and something else in the drive train stopes later. I am going to take the truck in next week for the tail gate handle issue and was going to ask about this but did not know if that is just an inherent issue with the truck. Axel wrap, etc.

·
1,979 Posts
Also another thing I am noticing before (the shutter) is pulling from a dead stop it feels like something is lose in the drive train. Almost like the torque moves from the engine to the transmission and then the rear end catches up. Also happens when coming to dead stop it is like everything is stopped and something else in the drive train stopes later. I am going to take the truck in next week for the tail gate handle issue and was going to ask about this but did not know if that is just an inherent issue with the truck. Axel wrap, etc.
It's the torque converter unlocking, the 1st Gen titans are very well known for doing that. Surprise that this Gen is doing it too.

·
450 Posts
I have had 2 auto trucks shutter during take off. 1 was an F250 and the other was my last Titan. Both were due to low line pressure. The F250 pump was weak and the titan had a burr on the valve body (manufacturing defect). The F250 transmission died - it was old. The Titan transmission was saved with a new valve body under warranty.

It could also be the torque converter attempting to lock up just after take off. That wouldn't surprise me considering the amount of torque available and the engine detected a light load. Does the shuttering occur only when accelerating quickly from a stop or when accelerating slowly from a stop - or both?

There are so many parameters that can result in this type of feeling with out it throwing a CEL.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts