Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2017 SL the upper side mirrors tilt down every time you put it in reverse. This is fine most of the time but when backing in my enclosed trailer it is really a big disadvantage. Can this be disabled? I asked my dealer if it could be done on their scan tool, they were clueless and not helpful.

·
32 Posts
Put your left/right mirror adjustment selector in the center of left and right. That turns that function on/ off. To turn it back on select left or right.

You can do this while the mirrors are tilted down or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
275 Posts
You can also disable the feature in the menu's. If you are like me and you are OCD and always adjust the mirror selector to center then your mirrors will always move. Unless you disable the feature in the menu. I wish I could change the option so they would adjust while the knob was either side because it nice to be able to tip your mirrors down with only a switch.

Disclaimer: I did not read my owners manual.

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fair criticism, I should have read the manual. It’s a new enough truck to me that you motivated me to right now read how to set up the garage door buttons. Thanks to everyone for the quick info

Reactions: Carbide

·
Premium Member
2018 XD Platinum Reserve 5.6L gasser
444 Posts
It always amazes me when I see dealers just standing around bullshitting and waiting around for a customer like vultures when they could be actually studying up on the cars and trucks they sell.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
It always amazes me when I see dealers just standing around bullshitting and waiting around for a customer like vultures when they could be actually studying up on the cars and trucks they sell.

That would mean that they actually have to work to be knowledgeable. After all, they are only there to sell you a car or truck. Ever go back and see if your sales guy still works there? Turnover is amazing.

·
52 Posts
I too wish it could be disabled. I keep the bottom mirrors pointed down so I don't need the top ones to do the same. And i do know that when you place the knob in the center it stays how you set it but when backing a flatbed trailer in a tight spot and you choose to stop and adjust your mirror they go down as soon as you switch to right or left! lol! and i know if you put it in park, then adjust it won't do it but i forget and when you are blocking a road and kinda rushing it sucks! wish i could trade this function for power folding mirrors. I did see someone mentioned you can disabled in the settings but i didn't see it. Gonna look again today though!

·
52 Posts
I too wish it could be disabled. I keep the bottom mirrors pointed down so I don't need the top ones to do the same. And i do know that when you place the knob in the center it stays how you set it but when backing a flatbed trailer in a tight spot and you choose to stop and adjust your mirror they go down as soon as you switch to right or left! lol! and i know if you put it in park, then adjust it won't do it but i forget and when you are blocking a road and kinda rushing it sucks! wish i could trade this function for power folding mirrors. I did see someone mentioned you can disabled in the settings but i didn't see it. Gonna look again today though!
Just an update, I went through all of my settings last night and did not find anything pertaining to the side mirrors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts