Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So had my Titan Xd PR for a month. 2000 km's and what do I see but a puddle under the truck. Climb under and where the tranny bolts up there's a leak. Fluid is red so I'm thinking tranny fluid. Take it to the dealer and they tell me it's oil for the first break in oil has die in it. Pull the dip stick and yep looks just like tranny fluid. Anyway dealer says rear main crank seal is leaking. Tranny has to come out to get at it but they need special tools to get the tranny out and wouldn't you know it Nissan has not sent those tools and they can't get them for awhile.
It's my first Non domestic truck and so far kind of disappointed. Rest of the truck is great so for but this is a big thing that leaves a bad taste.

Hope it's not a sign of things to come!

Attachments

·
169 Posts
Checking bolts won't do anything, as there's no fluid in the bell housing.

·
904 Posts
There is a special adapter bracket that bolts on to the transmission that is needed so that the transmission oil pan does not get damaged during removal.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Footloose I read about some of your issues has Nissan stepped up or did we buy big expensive diesel piles of crap?

·
570 Posts
Once again, i love everything about this truck except for the under performing Cummins and overweight (and apparently leaky) Aisin transmission. The V-8 and 7 speed can't come fast enough.

·
857 Posts
Once again, i love everything about this truck except for the under performing Cummins and overweight (and apparently leaky) Aisin transmission. The V-8 and 7 speed can't come fast enough.
Hopefully when that comes around they will have learned some things and made some adjustments, but that all depends if they can fit those into the time frame allowed, it can be said it's too little time.

·
404 Posts
Footloose I read about some of your issues has Nissan stepped up or did we buy big expensive diesel piles of crap?
Well tomorrow will be 2 weeks without a check engine light (fingers crossed). So we'll see. I'm starting to get some plastic rattles inside now.

Nissan was quick and eager to get the truck fixed though so that's good. 12 days they had it in total, so nearly half a month I had to pay for a vehicle that I didn't have in my possession. Hopefully they'll do something about that. They are replacing the bottom of my drivers seats because the leather might have been defective because it showed signs of wear way too soon.

·
122 Posts
What did your leather seats look like? That they had to be replaced? Mine have wrinkles too already. I started a topic in General (Leather Seats)

·
404 Posts
What did your leather seats look like? That they had to be replaced? Mine have wrinkles too already. I started a topic in General (Leather Seats)
No wrinkles. The finish was coming off. I'm not sure if it was truly defective or one of the Nissan engineers, Cummins engineers, techs, or detailers at the dealership scratched the seats. Either way they're replacing it. Worries me that they'll probably end up scratching some plastics inside while replacing the seat and that'll make me furious. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure they've replaced seats before lol.

·
56 Posts
Bummer man. Just a thought on the seats, could be from a clip on a pocket knife or flash light. If the tech is lazy and slides off the seat getting out or in. I've done it myself a few times.
(look like gouges in the pic's?)

·
857 Posts
Could even be from a safety blade since shops have those and I can see how it would have cause that on the seats. Sorry to see that happened.

·
14 Posts

·
54 Posts
So I talked to some one who works a roush in Detroit he said they had 2000 Titans come through that they had to retorque everything because the factory torques didn't meet spec

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So took truck back for the main seal replacement in and good news Nissan has been in touch with my dealer and it seems Nissan has found a few that leak oil at a fitting on the turbo. That is where mine is leaking need a new fitting the fitting is not in stock but better than major surgery!!

Feel a bit better about the truck today!

·
430 Posts
So took truck back for the main seal replacement in and good news Nissan has been in touch with my dealer and it seems Nissan has found a few that leak oil at a fitting on the turbo. That is where mine is leaking need a new fitting the fitting is not in stock but better than major surgery!!

Feel a bit better about the truck today!
That's a Ford issue, as well. If they don't use an updated fitting it will probably leake again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts