Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if that silver trim comes off? I'd like to remove it on the drivers side to do some custom mounting, but the prying I've done doesn't seem to loosen it up anywhere. I really done want to break it....

·
285 Posts
Does anyone know if that silver trim comes off? I'd like to remove it on the drivers side to do some custom mounting, but the prying I've done doesn't seem to loosen it up anywhere. I really done want to break it....
Bikerndiver: It won't let me post the PDF of the shop manual on this...no instruction on how to take the finisher piece off...just a diagram...must pop-off.

The silver paint came off mine last summer-from sunscreen on my leg apparently--in 1-day-2 hour trip :surprise:

Attachments

·
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine got worn off in one trip with the phone charger cord swinging against it..... Really cheap stuff! Thanks for the diagram!

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Mine also got worn from just one trip with the radar detector cable. It's been in my Jeep Grand Cherokee for 37000 miles and it hasn't worn anything in there. Was pretty disappointed that it seems so cheap.

·
228 Posts
Hi folks

Purely by chance, the next thread displayed on my browser was talking about that liquid ceramic (Liquid Armor) stuff. I was reading up about it yesterday, and while some of it might not work for me that well (2 days curing, no contact with anything, preferably indoors, etc.), I was thinking it MIGHT work for the cheapo-silvery bits. Assuming it does not dissolve/wash the silver finish off on contact, it seems you can get a matt (or at least, not too glossy) a finish with it by buffing it almost immediately after application.

I gotta figure out if I want to try apply it to my entire truck (outside), which will determine how much (if any) of the stuff I get.

Just an idea, for now

russ

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I plan on covering all the silver in the interior with 3M DI Noc. They have hundreds of patterns available and it is easy to install.
Thanks for mentioning this. Have not heard of it before, but looking into it now, and possibly for a local installer. :)

·
158 Posts
Hi folks

Purely by chance, the next thread displayed on my browser was talking about that liquid ceramic (Liquid Armor) stuff. I was reading up about it yesterday, and while some of it might not work for me that well (2 days curing, no contact with anything, preferably indoors, etc.), I was thinking it MIGHT work for the cheapo-silvery bits. Assuming it does not dissolve/wash the silver finish off on contact, it seems you can get a matt (or at least, not too glossy) a finish with it by buffing it almost immediately after application.

I gotta figure out if I want to try apply it to my entire truck (outside), which will determine how much (if any) of the stuff I get.

Just an idea, for now

russ
I did mine with Liquid Armour (not the phone screen protector) when I did the outside. It works amazing. On plastic I just put it on at night and the next morning it was dry. I think they have to say 2 days to cover there butts.....

·
313 Posts
Bikerndiver: It won't let me post the PDF of the shop manual on this...no instruction on how to take the finisher piece off...just a diagram...must pop-off.

The silver paint came off mine last summer-from sunscreen on my leg apparently--in 1-day-2 hour trip :surprise:
Where are you finding these diagrams?!

·
62 Posts
I know this is an old post.

To answer the OP, the silver trim is on with clips and comes off fairly easily if you pry gently.

In reference to the silver wearing off, mine was in rough shape when I bought the truck. Planned to paint it black (to avoid a mis-match attempting to match the silver). Sprayed some black paint for plastic but wasn't happy with the finish. Was spraying some bedliner on the tow hooks and skid plate at the time so decided to try bedliner on the the interior trim. I'm really happy with the result.

Attachments

·
285 Posts
I know this is an old post.

To answer the OP, the silver trim is on with clips and comes off fairly easily if you pry gently.

In reference to the silver wearing off, mine was in rough shape when I bought the truck. Planned to paint it black (to avoid a mis-match attempting to match the silver). Sprayed some black paint for plastic but wasn't happy with the finish. Was spraying some bedliner on the tow hooks and skid plate at the time so decided to try bedliner on the the interior trim. I'm really happy with the result.
That looks really nice...what product were you using? I still need to pop mine off and do something like this. Shocking how easily they wear!

·
62 Posts
This stuff is what I used. Local store had 2 Dupli-Color bedliner products. I chose the less expensive option 'cause I'm, well, cheap...

·
37 Posts
I got a quote from dealer on replacement plastics , the plastics on center console are removable but the ones on the door panels are not and you have to remove entire door panels

1 - 19 of 19 Posts