Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else experiencing a slight blip/slip in the transmission when it shifts from 2nd to 3rd? You can feel it and see it on the tachometer. Almost as if there was another gear there but I know it's not shifting into another.

·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Only happens with normal acceleration at about 1500rpms. If I accelerate faster it doesn't happen. Maybe that's the answer lol

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I was pre warned that the aisin can be a bit of a different shifter, but bullet proof. Considering they were designed for alot more mass.

·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I heard they're very strong but it worries me that it drops 100-200rpms for quarter of a second between shifts in the brand new truck. I've only got 1300 miles on it.

·
6 Posts
Mine does this too sometimes. Mostly 1 to 2 though. just barely noticeable.

·
203 Posts
I test drove another one today, and a couple times I floored it from around 30 mph....it would down shift good, but then for 2-5 seconds the traction control light would flash as I was accelerating. Completely dry roads, and there was no tire slipping going on. It did seem to slow the acceleration a bit(as traction control would), but it wasn't like a complete loss of power like I feel on my ford when I tripp traction control. Has anyone experienced this?

·
17 Posts
Nissan is working on a flash for this flare shift. I will post to let you all know when it is out. Mine does it also and there is a harsh 3-2 downshift slow speed at lite throttle.

·
23 Posts
From the time I test drove the Titan XD and every time I drive my current XD (1200 miles on it) I have not liked the shifting. It is hard 2-3 and down shifting 3-2-1 is even harsher when no throttle is applied. The "TURBO lag" people complained about, in my opinion comparing to the two Dodge Cummins trucks I've owned is not the lag you feel. In the XD the lag is the trans not shifting smoothly and playing catch up to the engine rpm's. Again that's my opinion.

But I do hope that Nissan has a reflash down the road to address shift points. I agree with OP that a faster acceleration the shifting is smoother but you can watch and feel the RPM's and trans not working together until about 3rd gear.

·
113 Posts
That shifting problem is the only issue I am having with my truck. Get that taken care of and I will be very happy!

·
13 Posts
I am having the same problem in mine as well.
I have taken it into Nissan and they reprogrammed the ECU and "calibrated" the transmission ECM according to a TSB.
But I am still having the same issue. Its 2-3 and 3-4. Its pretty bad. It will rev like +500 rpm (not exaggerating!)

My local Nissan said that they will attempt to get Nissan engineering involved on this. Its kind of ridiculous that a $60k truck is having this sort of issue.

·
1,979 Posts
I have taken it into Nissan and they reprogrammed the ECU and "calibrated" the transmission ECM according to a TSB.
But I am still having the same issue. Its 2-3 and 3-4. Its pretty bad. It will rev like +500 rpm (not exaggerating!)

My local Nissan said that they will attempt to get Nissan engineering involved on this. Its kind of ridiculous that a $60k truck is having this sort of issue.
You bought a 1st Yr production model & just because you paid a lot for something won't make it less likely to have issues.

·
13 Posts
You bought a 1st Yr production model & just because you paid a lot for something won't make it less likely to have issues.
I understand that. And I know my local Nissan will take care of me.
In my opinion, basic functions of a vehicle should be hammered out before product delivery. A transmission shifting is what I would consider a basic function.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I got the reflash smoothed it out almost too much, shifting to soon. But it has since gone back to its old ways which I prefer

·
909 Posts

The TSB for the transmission calibration is in regards to replacement transmissions and not meant to correct the shifting concern people have been experiencing.

·
13 Posts
Nissan Engineering is now involved with my XD on this issue.

They have recognized it and are working on an update for the transmission ECM.

I will post back when the issue is resolved with my XD.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts