Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
904 Posts
We got about 8 inches here in ohio. The aggressive tires on the pro4x were nice. The truck itself does pretty good. Going down a snow covered grade it seems like rear of the truck wants to get light and squirm a little bit. Wish I could figure out how to disable traction assist from the computer. Even if you push the button and turn it off. It still tells you how to drive and tries to assist you. Should be some type of override to fully disengage it. No problems in snow so far...

·
772 Posts
We got about 8 inches here in ohio. The aggressive tires on the pro4x were nice. The truck itself does pretty good. Going down a snow covered grade it seems like rear of the truck wants to get light and squirm a little bit. Wish I could figure out how to disable traction assist from the computer. Even if you push the button and turn it off. It still tells you how to drive and tries to assist you. Should be some type of override to fully disengage it. No problems in snow so far...
probably could pull the ABS fuse and it'll take the nannies off:grin2:

·
904 Posts
What's the verdict in the snow with the owners? So far I am not too impressed? only been out a couple times now. Just got about 4 inches of slippery snow today but truck seems heavy and kinda clumsy? Anyone else...? I have the stock p4x tires with probably over half tread gone...

·
89 Posts
I live in Ohio also. We had snow and the roads are covered in slush. I have two hundred fifty pounds of extra weight over the rear axle and still the truck had little traction and was loose on the road. I am not impressed with the factory installed Grabber tires. Had to go into four wheel drive to get out of my driveway.
Coming home in the snow the truck started a soft regen----NO WAY. Put the truck in the driveway and decided the regen is going to have to wait for better road conditions.
Love the truck though.

·
1,635 Posts
generals aren't on there cause there the best tire that's for sure, they were just the best bulk priced tire to nissan at the time. that being said they are better that what alot of the oems are installing

·
1,979 Posts
generals aren't on there cause there the best tire that's for sure, they were just the best bulk priced tire to nissan at the time. that being said they are better that what alot of the oems are installing
They take the cheapest tires they can find then spec them down even further, then have the tire manufacturer make them.

·
1,300 Posts
My truck is very stable with the duratracs. Mind you i have a 200 pound sled deck in the truck too so ya that's always helps

·
128 Posts
I live in Ohio also. We had snow and the roads are covered in slush. I have two hundred fifty pounds of extra weight over the rear axle and still the truck had little traction and was loose on the road. I am not impressed with the factory installed Grabber tires. Had to go into four wheel drive to get out of my driveway.
Coming home in the snow the truck started a soft regen----NO WAY. Put the truck in the driveway and decided the regen is going to have to wait for better road conditions.
Love the truck though.
SW Ohio here and similar conditions - maybe a couple of inches. Even wet pavement and the rear can get loose pretty quick. I may be in the market for tires before the season is over.

·
167 Posts
I put on nitto Terra's the first month I had it and haven't even needed to put in 4wd in snow. The stock grabbers are garbage as far as I can tell. A good set of tires will make a world of difference for you guys. Mine behaved way better than my prev gen Titan and I thought it was because of the additional weight.

·
92 Posts
Same here. I have 500 pounds in the rear and these stock tires suck a$$. Will change them out to Bridgestone Duelers next summer.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
We have gotten 8-10" past few days. I drove my sv last year in winter, stock tires were okay. But so far this winter with the stock pro4x tires I don't mind them at all. I haven't even considered adding another 500 lbs to an already 7500 lb truck. Only did that back in the day with my 2wd long box regular cab and usually the weight was a snowmobile

·
214 Posts
The truck is heavy and caught me off-guard when the first snow fall came.

I put a set of studded Nokian LT2 and they were a tad over inflated; half an inch on each side did not touch the ground @65psi, so on my first approach to an icy stop sign, I skidded way more than I would have anticipated. I reduced the pressure to 60psi and it seems to have corrected the situation.

It's obviously not as predictable as my (ex)FJ with it's Torsen center diff and shorter wheel base, but so far, it seems like it's going to be fun to drive in the winter, even in 4x2.

I would never even think of using the stock tires in winter condition with this truck. Way to much $$$ to cheapen out on proper tire-ware.

·
291 Posts
So far, steady as a rock. If its hard packed snow with a shine on it or black ice, yes, it'll push or skid, but so won't just about any vehicle.

I also always put something in the bed for additional weight, either a sled, ATV, hardwood pallets. This year, 1/3 cord of firewood. Makes all the difference.

·
40 Posts
I have no complaints with the XD or the General Tires. On a trip through I-80, Wy with impacted black ice, ground blizzards, snowpack, slush, no issues and far better than my old Titan with Dueler ATs. This truck is planted and I had zero issues. Of course I was driving responsibly and avoiding marauding semis sliding everywhere. I only used 4x4 a couple of times just to be safe during the @$$ clenching conditions but never slipped.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts