Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to the forum. I bought my Titan with 65k with no history and I now have 122k with no history. I'm reading so many horror stories with this truck. Besides the antifreeze disappearing and having to top it off each month I have be extremely happy with it. The mph has also been a disappointment hovering between 14-15. When pulling a 16' cargo trailer it drops to 10.

·
573 Posts
Has your coolant dropped below min, though? I stopped topping mine off and it stays at min.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has your coolant dropped below min, though? I stopped topping mine off and it stays at min.
It drops till I get the warning on the dash about reduced engine power. I have also heard of Ford's having this issue

·
573 Posts
Oh damn. Yea EGRs are junk across all manufacturers. Mine is tuned off but still burns coolant until it's at minimum.

·
461 Posts
It drops till I get the warning on the dash about reduced engine power. I have also heard of Ford's having this issue
The two things you should be most concerned about are the EGR leaking and the turbo having issues around 150K. These engines have a fair amount of blow by which can impact your turbo long term. Look into getting a catch can to have it last longer. I also am of the belief that driving these trucks more and putting on more miles is better for them then not driving them much. They need good regens and they need to be worked regularly. I'd just watch out for the EGR finally biting the bullet (its getting close now, but honestly, 125-150K out of an EGR isn't too bad), and the Turbo going due to oil blow by. My simple $0.02 advice, when you take in the truck for EGR replacement, have them add the catch can modification. A Turbo replacement is about $7,000-9,000.

·
35 Posts
This just happen to my buddy’s leaking EGR on his Ram ecodiesel that he has been waiting for months for the recall parts.

·
3 Posts
Hello I'm new to the forum. I bought my Titan with 65k with no history and I now have 122k with no history. I'm reading so many horror stories with this truck. Besides the antifreeze disappearing and having to top it off each month I have be extremely happy with it. The mph has also been a disappointment hovering between 14-15. When pulling a 16' cargo trailer it drops to 10.
Problem is leaking egr cooler. The connections are partially painted and the coolant eats the paint which contributes to or causes the leak. Tech took mine down to bare metal before installing the new one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts