Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
276 Posts
All of today’s trucks are pieces of shit, no matter the brand. You just have to pick which one you want more and say screw it.
Not just trucks. I have a Honda that has been to the dealer a dozen times before it was fixed.

·
7 Posts
I've been a little weary of our trucks lately due to the problems I've been reading about. That's not to say that there was anything wrong with mine at all, or any others for that matter but I just didn't want to worry about potential problems. The thought of a crank breaking past February of next year was just not worth it to me. (That's when my 5 year warranty runs out. Granted I would only have about 51k on it but still)

I took advantage of Chevy truck month and got a stout Trail Boss with the 6.2 today and traded my baby in. Hated to do it but for my sanity I felt like it was a good move. I know the Chevy can break too but hopefully it won't be to the tune of $15k plus for a long block.

Proud to say that I had my XD for almost 5 years...and was the first one to have one in my area. It was a fun build and I hope the next owner gets a good deal and has years of trouble free enjoyment out of it.

I'll still be lurking around as I'd like to think I have a bit of Titan XD knowledge that I can share if needed...

Also posted some parts for sale in the sale section as I no longer need them.
Nice looking truck. I did just the opposite but for different reasons. I towed our Winnebago with the Chevy 1/2 ton with the 6.2, it pulled fine, but it was always the tail wagging the dog. My Z71 was also white and a nice looking truck, it got decent fuel economy. I got one of the last remay 19 XDs with the Cummins and love it. I must admit some of the horror stories scare me a little, but towing feels like I have a HD truck under me. The Cummins isn't phased by the weight either.
If I didn't tow I would have kept the Chevy. I should clarify towing my boat and jet skis, or the occasional Home Depot run the truck was great. For my trailer the XD is about the minimum weight I need, next time it's going to be a 3500

·
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I agree that the XD is a better towing platform. I don’t have a big camper, and the heaviest thing I ever towed was probably a Malibu Wakesetter (that I no longer have). One day (hopefully soon) I’ll have another 21’ Bullet bass boat and the Chevy will be just fine with it.

I’ve always been a strong supporter of the XD and it’s capabilities. I worked really hard to make mine what it was, and enjoyed doing it. My 5/100000 runs out in February and I just wasn’t willing to risk such a major expense on something I don’t HAVE to have. If we had a giant RV I could have justified keeping it, but at the moment the heaviest thing I tow is a mower trailer or a tandem 6x12 with a Kawasaki Mule. The Chevy will do that.

·
180 Posts
Good luck with the new truck man. I came from a 15 Chevy 2500 with the 6.0 gasser. Transmission went out at 50,000. Under warranty but that was enough to make me jump ship. As said above. They’re all junk, just find “your” junk. If I didn’t pull my toyhauler I wouldn’t own the diesel. If I stay diesel I’ve got no clue which junk I’m going to next.

·
968 Posts
Good luck with the new truck man. I came from a 15 Chevy 2500 with the 6.0 gasser. Transmission went out at 50,000. Under warranty but that was enough to make me jump ship. As said above. They’re all junk, just find “your” junk. If I didn’t pull my toyhauler I wouldn’t own the diesel. If I stay diesel I’ve got no clue which junk I’m going to next.
thats how I feel too.

If I went to buy a truck today, I don’t know what I would choose, honestly.

·
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
My reasoning was as follows. I like the interior of the Dodge, but to get it how I wanted on the outside it would cost more. Ford is just out all the way. I’m not a Ford guy. Toyota will last forever but I have a Tundra as a work vehicle and although it’s solid I wouldn’t want to pay for one. I really don’t want a gas XD. I looked at GMC and like the AT4 but it has stuff I really don’t need. Denail is sweet but too much chrome. The Trail Boss suits me to a T. (Quick summary!)

·
11 Posts
My reasoning was as follows. I like the interior of the Dodge, but to get it how I wanted on the outside it would cost more. Ford is just out all the way. I’m not a Ford guy. Toyota will last forever but I have a Tundra as a work vehicle and although it’s solid I wouldn’t want to pay for one. I really don’t want a gas XD. I looked at GMC and like the AT4 but it has stuff I really don’t need. Denail is sweet but too much chrome. The Trail Boss suits me to a T. (Quick summary!)
Interested to know if whether or not you test drove the 2020 or 2021 Nissan Titan (non-XD version) and what is your thoughts on it?:cool:

·
2017 Titan XD
99 Posts
I had a loaner for a couple of days, the 20s are really nice. Not having the diesel engine is the only reason I wouldn't commit to a newer one.

·
968 Posts
I had a loaner for a couple of days, the 20s are really nice. Not having the diesel engine is the only reason I wouldn't commit to a newer one.
Same! I’m trying to convince my wife to sell our TT for a sprinter or similar. Then I’d go buy a gasser non-xd for sure!

·
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Since I don't have a dedicated Chevy forum family yet I'll share my updates here...I think I'm finally done with the TrailBoss. Got my GoRhino D6 "slider" running boards on, got new black Z-71 and 6.2 emblems, ceramic coated, Retrax aluminum retractable cover, and lastly my "upgraded" Ridge Grapplers in 275/70-18. Went a whole INCH taller with the tires but it was all I wanted. It rides too good to go messing with a level or any bigger tire. Don't want to mess up my power and ride. I do miss the black beast but this one makes me pretty happy too.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Man that's a small bed. As a long time GM guy (my XD is my first non GM truck in 32 years) I can honestly say I'm very happy I switched to my gasser XD. The lifetime B2B warranty I have helps. 😁
I love the ride, the motor and the interior.

No judgements though. Enjoy your new ride.

Reactions: HWTechGuy
21 - 33 of 33 Posts