Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a problem with all software driven electronics shutting down while driving, rebooting, and restoring?
2017 XD, I now have less than 700 miles on it, the touch screen, nav, radio, and instrument panel information display shuts down without warning and reboots while I'm driving.
Engine is not effected, just all of the displays black out and come back in a new startup. Nav initializing, radio off, as if your first starting up before driving.
This has happened 5 times now.

·
1,331 Posts
Anyone have a problem with all software driven electronics shutting down while driving, rebooting, and restoring?
2017 XD, I now have less than 700 miles on it, the touch screen, nav, radio, and instrument panel information display shuts down without warning and reboots while I'm driving.
Engine is not effected, just all of the displays black out and come back in a new startup. Nav initializing, radio off, as if your first starting up before driving.
This has happened 5 times now.
Yes, there is a tsb on this. Your dealer needs to install new software, easy fix.

·
147 Posts
Once and I have the basic nissan radio not the RockfordFossgate. I was shocked when it happen I thought that was only a problem with the high end radio system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
193 Posts
Anybody have the TSB # for this as I'm having this issue with my 2017 Nissan Titan? It happened 3 times today while using my phone. Have not had any issues prior in the last 3 weeks and approximately 3,200 miles.

·
5 Posts
Mine has been doing this also. Did you ever figure out what it was. I've taken mine to dealer twice over this and they can't figure it out. 2017 Pro4x with 12k on it.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
I just got a letter in the mail where I can save $50.00 on a map update. Now, for only $99.00 I can have the latest map on my system (that Garmin gives for free). What's better is that they are charging only $29.00 for shipping something that actually costs about three bucks. Such a deal! Anyone else taking advantage of this Fantastic sale? By the way, I have only used this thing ONCE, it was really screwed up. Did not take me to the location I needed to go to. Took me to a residential neighborhood (was looking for a dollar tree).

Attachments

·
75 Posts
I have had the same problem since I bought the truck. The software has been updated a few times and it doesn't get better. The last thing I was told is that there must be an issue with my phone. I responded that "I have had the same problem with an iPhone 7 and now my iPhone 10, so are you telling me that the issue is with the #1 selling phone's software?" I not know if the iPhone is number 1, however I was trying to make a point. I didn't get a reply. Has anybody had this problem with a phone other than an iPhone? It only happens on a Bluetooth call.

·
885 Posts
I have had the same problem since I bought the truck. The software has been updated a few times and it doesn't get better. The last thing I was told is that there must be an issue with my phone. I responded that "I have had the same problem with an iPhone 7 and now my iPhone 10, so are you telling me that the issue is with the #1 selling phone's software?" I not know if the iPhone is number 1, however I was trying to make a point. I didn't get a reply. Has anybody had this problem with a phone other than an iPhone? It only happens on a Bluetooth call.
I can tell you that probably 95% of the customers that we see with Bluetooth issues across the board are using iPhones.

·
214 Posts
I don't have a phone or any other bluetooth connected device and my system rebooted twice. Dealer's are clueless as usual!

·
4 Posts
I had the same problem. Took it to the dealer twice and they claim they knew about the problem but did not have a fix. Then the head honcho from Nissan Corporate dressed in a suit with a super tech came to dealership WITH THE FIX, that only he had and would not give to the dealership mechanic in Keyport NJ. They had my truck for 2 hours and supposedly did a re-flash of the HEAD UNIT software. So far there have been no more problems.
I talked with a guy about his 2016 Titan XD who had the same problem. He took it to the dealer 3 times and then went to 800 Lemon Law and got a great settlement but he still had the problem. NISSAN has money set aside to pay those who complain LOUDLY from what he told me.

Good luck,
Ken

·
5 Posts
I've been twice already and they keep telling me they don't have a fix for it all they can do is replace head unit. I found out today (b/c I'm fighting Nissan over my paint issue) that only one dealer I went to even showed they did anything to my head unit (something about a re-flash) but it still is messing up at least once a week now. I even have video of mine messing up I've emailed to Nissan.

·
75 Posts
I've been twice already and they keep telling me they don't have a fix for it all they can do is replace head unit. I found out today (b/c I'm fighting Nissan over my paint issue) that only one dealer I went to even showed they did anything to my head unit (something about a re-flash) but it still is messing up at least once a week now. I even have video of mine messing up I've emailed to Nissan.
I have had the head unit replaced and the unit re-flashed at least once. I am running the most current software and I still have the problem. I am going to give Nissan consumer affairs one more try before lemon law.

·
75 Posts
Another update was released on 5/2/18 and I had it installed on Friday. The current software version is F217. Hopefully this fixes the issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts