Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some input and this will be long lol I purchased a 2016 xd diesel 37k on it Nov 27 "not deleted ", it ran absolutely perfect, 5 days later engine light came on but still ran with no issues , took it in to nissan, day later I got a call it was done the issue was a bad ecm and they replaced it, picked the truck up and drove it home and it just didn't feel right , no power and was shifting all messed up like it constantly wanted to upshift and the mpg dropped, called them up and took it back in , 3 days later i get it back from nissan and they said we updated all the computers, also we found no issues , , fast forward next day still have the same problems and now it has shift flare and rpm hunting from 1700 to 2k rpms also mpg is 10.1, call them back up and take it back in , this time they have the truck for 3 days , tell me that they can't find any issues but they reprogrammed the computers again, get it home and it is still doing the same ****. Next day go back, show them that I have countless videos of it and I show them, they take the truck and 9 days go past, I finally get the truck back, I get told by nissan that they are unable to duplicate the problem and there is nothing they can do... the truck still does not running right... it still surges/flair , still has rpm hunting in park drive neutral don't matter, has no balls and the mpg is between 9 and 11. 90% interstate ,,, any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Need some input and this will be long lol I purchased a 2016 xd diesel 37k on it Nov 27 "not deleted ", it ran absolutely perfect, 5 days later engine light came on but still ran with no issues , took it in to nissan, day later I got a call it was done the issue was a bad ecm and they replaced it, picked the truck up and drove it home and it just didn't feel right , no power and was shifting all messed up like it constantly wanted to upshift and the mpg dropped, called them up and took it back in , 3 days later i get it back from nissan and they said we updated all the computers, also we found no issues , , fast forward next day still have the same problems and now it has shift flare and rpm hunting from 1700 to 2k rpms also mpg is 10.1, call them back up and take it back in , this time they have the truck for 3 days , tell me that they can't find any issues but they reprogrammed the computers again, get it home and it is still doing the same ****. Next day go back, show them that I have countless videos of it and I show them, they take the truck and 9 days go past, I finally get the truck back, I get told by nissan that they are unable to duplicate the problem and there is nothing they can do... the truck still does not running right... it still surges/flair , still has rpm hunting in park drive neutral don't matter, has no balls and the mpg is between 9 and 11. 90% interstate ,,, any help would be appreciated
Hi, I Feel You Pain,, want to apologize in advance for my long wind and little help.. I do know these trucks fairly well and experienced with the engine and electronics.. But and there is a Butt here for me,lol
Wish I was close.. would love to dig into it.. What were the Codes?, Even with the updated ECM, and reprogramming, which while at the Dealer it would have lost the Codes, if any thrown.. However they should have been save from the old to the new.
But what your describing,, even if there are no codes, can be from some things than even though it's not throwing codes.. is giving symptoms of combination of things.. I could throw out some ideas. But that would be like Calling up a Doctor and telling him your symptoms.. His Reply is When Can you come to my Office so I can examine you..
But we both know there is something wrong. But there are several combined things that can cause the issue..
Need More Info.. One.. Do You have Codes now.. and I have seen this happen without codes.. I would have to hear and be with you when it is doing this.. If the CP4.2 pump is starting to shed fine and I mean fine metal threw the injector lines, I mean fine and little it can cause what your describing.. I'm not saying it is, but I have seen and experienced it.. The Turbo system gate valve intermittent or sticking but normally that will throw a codes. But the injector pump won't, if the injectors are getting small fine bits and I mean fine bits, Codes will be thrown for injectors not properly working.
There is just to many things combined without hands on.. Maybe there's someone in your area who is a real good with mechanic diesel and familiar with the 5.0L, and has the Software Consult III Plus to work with the truck's computer system as just about everything in the truck is monitored and controlled with it.. But still even with that it takes a Skilled Experienced Mechanic to figure the issue out, cause the Software can not always pinpoint nor generate codes for everything..
Sorry I regret I can't be much help.. as I said wish I was close.. I'm sure we would figure it out.. These new system are very complex. I make no excuses for anyone.. Dealerships are somewhat handicapped and are still learning.. They have not seen it all yet. Nor has the Tech working there.. It could be something as simple as TCM (transmission control module) which is inter related to the ECM as well with the Environmental aspects, unlikely.. Got to see it, feel it, smell it..up close to figure it out. It can be fixed..
It's going to take someone willing to take some Time to sort it out, via Process of Elimination.. Would love to know the Initial Codes when Check Light came on.. Any Work orders you have should have stated the Codes
Kind Regards, Keep me advised.. where are you located? Sorry wish I could be more help for now..
Ric

·
1,300 Posts
mpg is between 9 and 11
Truck is in a regen. your mileage will go in the s*itter when it goes in to a burn.

now it has shift flare and rpm hunting from 1700 to 2k rpms
This is going to happen with some trucks when the transmission gets flashed. It looses all of its memory and needs to be set into learn mode and it takes quite a while for it to relearn. They say over time it will smooth out and get better... I'm one of the guys that says this is B.S and its all to do with bad programming, right from the get go. (My truck had the same issues)

I hate to say it but the XD diesels do have some stupid weird issues like this. It is all 100% all related the the emission control system. All of the computers on your truck are talking to each other trying their best to keep soot down. But not one of them has the right-a-way to take over and say lets go we are going to do this because it needs to be done.

But there is light found if a guy should travel down that tunnel... Go get yourself a EzLynk and flash with a Emission Friendly tune.. all of your issues will disappear within 500 miles.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Dragon4x4
has good experience with that side of the issue and good advice.. time will tell. MrJones Keep us updated..life is a learning experience and knowledge is power.. The issue at hand can be resolved.

Enjoy Be Safe
Ric

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the input guys,,, was on the phone with the dealer a few times today .. now they want me to road test the truck with a tech, cuz the videos I sent them wasn't enough lol, I'll keep ya posted

·
6 Posts
Dredded DEF Warning Issue

We just got home after being stranded an hour away from home. Got the warning light which gave us 198 miles. Barely made it to Walmart and left it overnight. DEF tank was 75% full. Bought a code reader and deleted codes, but didn't work. The warning light disappeared the next day, just about 30 minutes before the tow truck arrived. We had some low 30 degree weather here in Texas. Do you have any suggestions to prevent this from happening again? Do you know why Dodge doesn't have this problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts