Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the SOTF switch the same for the 6.7 dodge and the Nissan?

Went ahead and upgraded from a single tune, now I need a sotf switch.

·
145 Posts
Thanks guys, can someone take a picture of where it plugs in?
Tough to tell by the picture provided where it actually goes. If you open the hood, near the front on the driver's side, you should see the oil fill cap. Just below this, you'll see wires connected. You'll need to unplug the wires, and the SOTF will plug into the connector.

There's a pretty good write up in the Performance section I believe with some pictures.

You'll want to run the wires through the firewall before assembling the connector. If you look by the driver's footwell, you should see where the hood release cable goes through the firewall. Near that spot is a rubber grommet covering another hole in the firewall. You can remove this, or poke a hole in it. I opted to poke a hole in the center, then used some leftover ground wire to feed through where I could grab it. Once I could grab it, I secured the wires to the other end, and pulled everything through.

·
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it’s right on the ccv filter housing, easy to access. I watched a video on the Cummins 6.7 and it looks to be in a pia area on that one. Picture really helped actually.

·
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tough to tell by the picture provided where it actually goes. If you open the hood, near the front on the driver's side, you should see the oil fill cap. Just below this, you'll see wires connected. You'll need to unplug the wires, and the SOTF will plug into the connector.

There's a pretty good write up in the Performance section I believe with some pictures.

You'll want to run the wires through the firewall before assembling the connector. If you look by the driver's footwell, you should see where the hood release cable goes through the firewall. Near that spot is a rubber grommet covering another hole in the firewall. You can remove this, or poke a hole in it. I opted to poke a hole in the center, then used some leftover ground wire to feed through where I could grab it. Once I could grab it, I secured the wires to the other end, and pulled everything through.
Thanks was wondering if there was an easy way to route the wire.

·
5 Posts
Hey quick question. The wires that plug into the adapter for the actual switch below the oil fill cap. I read that they are supposed to click in and you shouldn't be able to pull them out? Is this true? I'm struggling to get my switch working. Everything looks plugged right. I'm either thinking the problem may be a fuse or if those wires are not seated correctly. Any and all info is welcome. I'm at my wits end. And also if anyone knows what fuse it is that would be controlling it. That help would be greatly appreciated as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts