Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have pics with wheels spacers on stock wheels? I just installed a 2/1 lift and 275/65/20 on stock wheels.

·
245 Posts
Spacers often break and the wheel goes bye-bye. Spacers are also hard on the spindle and axle bearings. I'd never tow with any wheel spacers!

·
185 Posts
Spacers often break and the wheel goes bye-bye. Spacers are also hard on the spindle and axle bearings. I'd never tow with any wheel spacers!

Negative offset wheels are just as hard on spindles and axle bearings. Nothing is wrong with well built wheel spacers.

·
772 Posts
Improper installation causes stud failure....no difference in stress than running a negative offset wheel:kiss:

·
29 Posts
I noticed you replaced the antenna I needed some help on how to remove the part that the antenna screws onto. What did you do? Thanks

·
1,324 Posts
Spacers are bad...just bad. Not good for them at all.
Nonsense

Generalzations like that are not helpful in my opinion. I have professionally installed 1.5” hub-centric premium priced spacers and 33” tires on my stock rims and there are zero issues. Not only are there no issues There is way better handling too. I put 5k miles a month on truck most of which is towing.

Some spacers are made of inferior metal. Some spacers are not hub centric. Some spacers are improperly installed. Some spacers are way oversized for the application. There is a reason i got the 1.5 vs a 2” or 3” Etc etc

My spacers look friggin bad a**!

Attachments

·
464 Posts
Improper installation causes stud failure....no difference in stress than running a negative offset wheel:kiss:
I know there are many successful applications and installations of wheel spacers. I'm not going to confirm or refute the use of them. But structurally speaking, there is a difference in stress between two pieces of metal mated together and held together with bolts than one contiguous piece of metal (or a properly welded piece of metal). I'm not a practicing structural engineer now (went to a different engineering discipline), but I had to endure 8 semesters of structural engineering courses when in college to finish my engineering degree. You name it, I took it. Just through normal course work I was 2 hours shy of a minor in mathematics. The stresses on the structure are very different when mated pieces are bolted versus one piece of metal - even if the finished geometry are the same. That doesn't mean there aren't good wheel spacers out there well built enough to do the job, just saying the stresses on the wheel and spacer are different than an offset wheel.

Now, the stresses on the suspension and turning components of the truck would essentially be the same assuming the same geometry between wheel+spacer versus offset wheel. I wasn't sure which stresses you were talking about. I assume the latter. It's important to clarify the two.

·
901 Posts
Spacers are bad...just bad. Not good for them at all.
Nonsense

Generalzations like that are not helpful in my opinion. I have professionally installed 1.5” hub-centric premium priced spacers and 33” tires on my stock rims and there are zero issues. Not only are there no issues There is way better handling too. I put 5k miles a month on truck most of which is towing.

Some spacers are made of inferior metal. Some spacers are not hub centric. Some spacers are improperly installed. Some spacers are way oversized for the application. There is a reason i got the 1.5 vs a 2” or 3” Etc etc

You are correct!

·
772 Posts
I know there are many successful applications and installations of wheel spacers. I'm not going to confirm or refute the use of them. But structurally speaking, there is a difference in stress between two pieces of metal mated together and held together with bolts than one contiguous piece of metal (or a properly welded piece of metal). I'm not a practicing structural engineer now (went to a different engineering discipline), but I had to endure 8 semesters of structural engineering courses when in college to finish my engineering degree. You name it, I took it. Just through normal course work I was 2 hours shy of a minor in mathematics. The stresses on the structure are very different when mated pieces are bolted versus one piece of metal - even if the finished geometry are the same. That doesn't mean there aren't good wheel spacers out there well built enough to do the job, just saying the stresses on the wheel and spacer are different than an offset wheel.

Now, the stresses on the suspension and turning components of the truck would essentially be the same assuming the same geometry between wheel+spacer versus offset wheel. I wasn't sure which stresses you were talking about. I assume the latter. It's important to clarify the two.
yea i was talking about offset vs spacer. your explanation makes sense, as scientifically reasoned explanations normally do lol. So if i weld the spacer to the hub it'll be the same as a offset wheel:kiss::devil:

·
207 Posts
Hey i just put a 3 " lift in my xd Nd was wkndering whats the biggest set of rubber i can go with on factory rims

I Have 295/70/18 on Pro4X rims

·
6 Posts
Do you have a link to the spacers you bought?

Nonsense

1 - 17 of 17 Posts