Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed new speakers in the rear doors - JBL GTO 638 which are 6.75", 2ohm, and fit perfectly with Metra speaker and wiring adapters. The plan was to install JBL 6x9's in the front doors but they are too deep and won't physically fit in the space. So, I ordered a set of Powerbass 6x9's from Crutchfield which are a direct-fit replacement. The reviews are decent and I've seen videos on Youtube of them being installed in a Titan. I am sure they will be better than the factory garbage paper speakers.

I also have a set of Kicker tweeters for the front dash corners, but I am a bit apprehensive about the install. It seems a bit involved ripping the A-pillars apart and all that.

·
2019 XD SV 5.6L
80 Posts
I installed new speakers in the rear doors - JBL GTO 638 which are 6.75", 2ohm, and fit perfectly with Metra speaker and wiring adapters. The plan was to install JBL 6x9's in the front doors but they are too deep and won't physically fit in the space. So, I ordered a set of Powerbass 6x9's from Crutchfield which are a direct-fit replacement. The reviews are decent and I've seen videos on Youtube of them being installed in a Titan. I am sure they will be better than the factory garbage paper speakers.

I also have a set of Kicker tweeters for the front dash corners, but I am a bit apprehensive about the install. It seems a bit involved ripping the A-pillars apart and all that.
Which of the Powerbass 6x9's did you go with? Looks like Crutchfield has a bunch of them that are either 2ohm or 8ohm.

·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which of the Powerbass 6x9's did you go with? Looks like Crutchfield has a bunch of them that are either 2ohm or 8ohm.
The 2 ohm ones.

·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Installed the Powerbass speakers today after work and took a test drive. The difference is noticeable. Can't wait to hopefully change out the tweeters this weekend.

·
4 Posts
Installed the Powerbass speakers today after work and took a test drive. The difference is noticeable. Can't wait to hopefully change out the tweeters this weekend.
Howdy. How are those Power Bass speakers doing after almost a year? I just ordered the same ones for the front, and 6.5's for the rear. They should arrive Friday, the install looks pretty simple. I also ordered a RF Punch sub for under the passenger seat. That may be a little trickier.

mac

·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Howdy. How are those Power Bass speakers doing after almost a year? I just ordered the same ones for the front, and 6.5's for the rear. They should arrive Friday, the install looks pretty simple. I also ordered a RF Punch sub for under the passenger seat. That may be a little trickier.

mac
Still happy with them. Since then I upgraded from the factory head unit to the Phoenix 13" Android.

·
4 Posts
Still happy with them. Since then I upgraded from the factory head unit to the Phoenix 13" Android.
Oh dang, I've been looking at that HU. How long have you had it? I noticed on the order page is asks about A/C being auto or manual. What's that all about? Good to hear about the Power Bass. I ordered the OE-652's for the back and the P3SD2-8 for under the passenger seat. Is your SV equipped with the RF setup?

·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh dang, I've been looking at that HU. How long have you had it? I noticed on the order page is asks about A/C being auto or manual. What's that all about? Good to hear about the Power Bass. I ordered the OE-652's for the back and the P3SD2-8 for under the passenger seat. Is your SV equipped with the RF setup?
No Rockford Fosgate. Low-SV and S trim trucks have manual AC with I guess an old-school controls. Automatic AC shows the temperatures on the display. My truck has the auto-AC and came with the "better" radio with navigation instead of the base radio.

Reactions: macnmod
1 - 8 of 8 Posts