Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past few weeks, I have visited two Nissan dealers in my area to test drive the Titan XD and discuss purchasing. I told the dealers up front they need to be competitive in their selling price for the Titan XD for me to even consider their product over the RAM 2500 diesel. I tried to explain to them that it doesn’t make good business sense for me to pay almost the same price for a less capable truck in comparison to the ¾ tons that are currently on the market. Of course, I had the typical sleazy sales tactics perpetrated on me in an attempt to make me believe there is such high demand for their product, and I should be more than willing to over pay and then thank them for being taken advantage of while writing the check. The one dealer has six trucks and has not sold one since the beginning of January. They acted like discounting 1K was the deal of the century, and my response was even at 1K under invoice it was too much. They want you to pay a ¾ ton truck price for less truck, and that should somehow make sense. When will they wise up and realize they have an overpriced turkey on their hands and negotiate.

·
167 Posts
Blame the dealers. Not Nissan. But anyways they are will learn. Make an offer. No matter how low and tell them to call when they are ready to accept. Anyways I got the same story the first day but three weeks later they were willing to talk. My personal opinion is the ratings aren't the same as the 3/4 tons but the quality is there. Fit and Finnish on my truck is great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts