Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2015 Nissan Titan Diesel was spotted testing not too long ago, here are the spy shots of it:

·
608 Posts
Spy shots? Some of these look like they could be professional promo shots with the beautiful snowy mountain in the background. The front end looks like it could be a bit boxy but we will have to see what happens when the camo is removed. What do you think they are hiding under there?

·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Spy shots? Some of these look like they could be professional promo shots with the beautiful snowy mountain in the background. The front end looks like it could be a bit boxy but we will have to see what happens when the camo is removed. What do you think they are hiding under there?
How do we even know there is a diesel under there?
@Forge @Becky

It was confirmed by TFLTruck when they spotted this or another nissan titan diesel test mule filling up on diesel at a Shell station as you'll see below.

Also have a look at the strip of green tape by the front driver side headlight. That same strip of green tape is no longer their in pictures of the Titan pulled off to the side of the road ;)

·
608 Posts
I am not seeing the green tape on the prototype that you speak of, but I still believe you. The diesel fill up sounds like a pretty good sign. Are we expecting the diesel to look much different than other Titan trucks? Will there be any big design changes?

I guess it will be a 2015 model so it might be different because of that.

The 2014 model.

·
340 Posts
I am not seeing the green tape on the prototype that you speak of, but I still believe you. The diesel fill up sounds like a pretty good sign. Are we expecting the diesel to look much different than other Titan trucks? Will there be any big design changes?

The 2014 model.
plain as day...

·
857 Posts

The 2014 model.
The pictures posted in the original post in this thread have it.

·
55 Posts
I do find it funny that the Titan expected to debut at NAIAS is supposed to be all new redesign, so why the camo? clearly its the old truck under there....

·
37 Posts
These shots are old. I think, the development of new powertrain takes lots of testing, and according to all the leaks, Nissan signed for the Cummins 5.0 LV8 like in 2010. Therefore they had to test all the components in something. I remember finding on the net some pictures of, presumably, Cummins been installed on current model for testing.

·
857 Posts
I do find it funny that the Titan expected to debut at NAIAS is supposed to be all new redesign, so why the camo? clearly its the old truck under there....
It sure looks like a new design to me, especially when you compare it to the current outgoing model, it couldn't be more obvious, very good reason for the camo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts