Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lot of good things to say so far about the 2019 XD that I purchased. Rides good, power, tow, etc.

One thing that frustrates me is that the "Start Button" has gone through the dash - TWICE. I don't press the button very hard. Occasionally, I may touch it a bit firm - but not hard. When it collapses into the dash the vehicle is paralyzed - you are stranded, as there's no Manual Key Start (that I'm aware of). Fortunately, it's occured in my garage both times, and my tech-oriented neighbor knew how to pull the dash apart to gain access and pull the button to a corner where I could press, and start it in order to drive it to the dealer. I looked at the last button and its cheap plastic.

Has anyone had this

Attachements:
Picture of start button hole - no button
Picture with Start Button (light) pulled to a corner of the dash so I could start it.

Attachments

·
91 Posts
A couple years ago someone said they had the same issue with the button pushing through. Only other time I recall hearing about it.

·
145 Posts
It happened twice? What did the dealer do the first time - replace it or just shove it back in place?

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It happened twice? What did the dealer do the first time - replace it or just shove it back in place?
That's a good question. He indicated that they ordered the part prior to fixing it. However, when pulling the shield under/around the steering column out to gain access, I discovered that they did not re-install the screws to hold the shield in place - none of them. I'll be having a rather candid discussion with them when take it in.

·
96 Posts
Just epoxy the flange yourself...It’s plastic, it will break lime anything else

·
47 Posts
Its happened once but I was allready a bit frustrated my fob battery was weak and I was at the hospital with a pregnant wife during peak covid so I must have pushed it with force.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts