Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience using steam to clean leather seats? I also heard that steam will take all the wrinkles out of the leather.

·
99 Posts
I used to use steam to clean leather all the time when I worked for Detailers Domain. What did you want to know?

·
2 Posts
I can see a huge difference in the quality of the leather in my 2014 Pro4X vs my XD Pro4x. I suspect that the XD seats are at best covered in featherweight leather and at worst eLeather.

My seats are wrinkled as well with 900 miles and 40 days on the truck.

I do not think steaming will help.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steam is supposed to put moisture into the leather and relax the wrinkles just like clothing. Alot of the cleaners people use actually dry the leather causing it to wrinkle from tightness.

·
99 Posts
Steam is supposed to put moisture into the leather and relax the wrinkles just like clothing. Alot of the cleaners people use actually dry the leather causing it to wrinkle from tightness.
Steam won't help you with leather wrinkles. You'd burn the coating off the leather way before you got it hot enough to have an effect on wrinkles. When you steam leather the correct way you almost never stop moving the steam head (which already has a microfiber or terry towel clamped on it) for fear of burning the seat.

I think they were going for a softer touch leather with the XD. Unfortunately, durability goes out the window.

Nissan should take lessons on leather from BMW. Having been in the detailing business for many years, nobody does it like them.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Does anyone have any experience using steam to clean leather seats? I also heard that steam will take all the wrinkles out of the leather.
Steam will clean some surface dirt and oil.
The best effect would be remove the seat, the seat cover (leather in your case) and steam both the foam and the back of the seat cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts