Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the dealer adjust their steering box? My alignment is good but it feels like there is play in steering wheel.

·
348 Posts
My alignment is "within specs" according to dealer, still drifts to right. Service mgr. said that some of the steering boxes have been discovered to have too much "slop" in them, doesn't seem to be the case with mine but I'll find out Tuesday.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I brought mine in and at the time they didnt want to mess with the steering box. Mayb next time I go, they will be more trained up on the adjustments. Thanks

·
363 Posts
I recall some early blog reviews mentioned sloppy steering. I assume that meant excess play. Hopefully it isn't a design feature.

·
348 Posts
My steering isn't sloppy at all, actually it is very smooth and responsive, just drifts to the right.

·
57 Posts
Mine seems fine atm. Only have about 300 miles on it so far. However while I was having front driver side axle replaced at 170 miles the service rep said they just replaced the steering box on the regional account reps truck.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealer cant visually see anything wrong with the truck in order to fix anything. I am gonna have to talk to Nissan Consumer Affairs cause he doesnt know what to do.

·
348 Posts
Well I dropped off the XD for "adjustment" they put me in a 2015 Armada Platinum, Wow, it's like stepping back in time, the thing drives like my 04 Titan, the seats and interior in my Pro4X are much more comfortable than the Armada. Ride in Armada in too soft, bouncy. And that stupid zig zag console shifter is a pain in the rear end. You can definitely see some of the interior styling for the XD got taken from the Armada though, like the door panels silver trim etc. The Armada also comes with a Bose system instead of the Rockford Fosgate, again the XD reigns supreme in that field too!! Can't wait to get my truck back!!
Oh yea, I'll post the results of the service visit tonight after I pick up and road test my XD.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are replacing my steering box, the Nissan Rep said that there have been a few cases of lose steering boxes on trucks.

·
348 Posts
They got mine fixed by "expanding" the alignment specs from the original settings. Nissan is at least addressing the issues it is encountering.

·
13 Posts
I am having the same issues in my Platinum... Its driving me insane!

JIGSAW424, have you had yours replaced yet? Did it solve the problem?

I have a laundry list of problems with my XD and I am just sticking it to Nissan for these. Just curious about your steering issue as well.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, its at the dealer getting a new steering box and alignment. We will see if that fixes the problem.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So got the truck back and it still is doing it. Feels better than it did though. Mayb it has something to do with the shocks or how firm the front springs are. Does anyone have this issue with a Pro4 X? U have the Bilstein's vs the PR and SL model shocks.

·
149 Posts
So got the truck back and it still is doing it. Feels better than it did though. Mayb it has something to do with the shocks or how firm the front springs are. Does anyone have this issue with a Pro4 X? U have the Bilstein's vs the PR and SL model shocks.

I have the Pro4x and I do have pulling to the right. It's going it for an oil change soon and I'll have them look at that too.

·
413 Posts
That's disappointing

·
348 Posts
My drifting to right on my Pro4X was corrected by the dealer obtaining new "expanded" settings for the alignment. Took them all day to fix, but they got it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts