Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my new baby has a warped A pillar on the inside. Dealership ordered part 3 weeks ago still waiting for it.
Steering Column is clunking badly on turns and hiking small bumps.....going in Friday for more diagnosis.

Oh and I'm getting 19.7mpg in town haha
Seriously amazing.

·
405 Posts
My steering column has been doing that since I got it in January and the engineer told me it was a characteristic of the truck. Feels like something is loose.

·
426 Posts
Mine doesn't have the noise in the steering column and I hope it doesn't ever get it. The intermediate steering shaft was replaced three times in my Silverado because of they're poor design.

·
450 Posts
Mine doesn't have the noise in the steering column and I hope it doesn't ever get it. The intermediate steering shaft was replaced three times in my Silverado because of they're poor design.
Mine doesn't have any noise either. I do get some pretty good bump steer every now and then though. Not a big deal, just different than the last Titan.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

·
56 Posts
Yup my truck has the same problem. Feels like something is loose in the steering column. I've takin it to the dealer twice but they can't find anything wrong so i gave up for now.

·
94 Posts
Any y'all get this fixed yet? My 17 pro4 seems to be having a similar issue. Slight feedback/knock felt through the wheel on little bumps at mostly slower speeds. Seems to be the worst when turning in parking lots. Only 278 Miles, 4 days old. Plan to take it in Wednesday for some other things. (running board install, some paint fixes). Plan to ask them to look into this. I noticed when the truck is turned off the steering wheel has like an inch of play before the wheels turn. Might be normal I dunno....

·
194 Posts
Any y'all get this fixed yet? My 17 pro4 seems to be having a similar issue. Slight feedback/knock felt through the wheel on little bumps at mostly slower speeds. Seems to be the worst when turning in parking lots. Only 278 Miles, 4 days old. Plan to take it in Wednesday for some other things. (running board install, some paint fixes). Plan to ask them to look into this. I noticed when the truck is turned off the steering wheel has like an inch of play before the wheels turn. Might be normal I dunno....
Had the same issue as well as a noise from the power steering unit. Had the dealer bleed the system and it fixed it.

·
94 Posts
Anyone successfully had the steering knock/clunk felt in the stweronf wheel over little bumps resolved yet? Seems ad the weather warms up it is more and more noticeable . I too am told it is a characteristic of the truck. No power steering noise heard, just a knock like something is ever so slightly loose on the steering somewhere .

·
94 Posts
It honestly doesn't seem I have much play, just the feedback knocking sensation coming thru the wheel. Mainly over small bumps and and when warm outside . Lowering tire psi helps some

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
It's not normal, mine doesn't do it.
They just can't/don't want to fix it.
You will Get it

Mine started at about 5500 miles I guess

I have 9000 miles now on my truck now and it is gotten a lot worse

Going to bring it into the dealer soon in the next two weeks I do not have a dealer close to me so it's a mission

I will let you all know what happens

I will also get the part numbers :nerd2:

·
712 Posts
I'm at nearly 10K, no noise yet.
If I start having issues with this truck I'll just trade it, not fighting Nissan to get them to fix things on a premium priced vehicle.

·
6 Posts
I have a 2016 Titan XD Premium "Ranch" Reserve (LOL IDK the trim level name makes me hungry:)

Since I've had the truck, I had a noisy steering column which sounded like a few washers ringing against each other, especially low speed and going downhill. I took it in and the tech replaced the entire column shifting mechanism which cured it. However, I now hear the same sound again except much less perceptible and only on level ground. Concrete expansion joints in 15mph traffic cause it to sound.

I took it back into the dealer for maintenance and had service manager ride with me to recreate the noise. Going over rail road tracks at 15mph set it off for him and he heard it. He said there is a nut and 4 clips right where he felt the noise was coming from under the steering wheel pad. He said he was going to test drive another truck.

I spoke to my service rep today and she reported the manager had driven another Titan XD on the lot and he was able to recreate the noise.
My service rep said it was normal for the truck. I countered they could all have the same problem as it is not normal to hear rattling of loose parts in a steering column of any vehicle. She agreed and she said she will have the Tech look at it when he replaces parts on a different issue with the truck.

·
1 Posts
Did any of you all ever figure out the clunking/feedback in the steering wheel issue? I am experiencing it in my 2018 Pro 4x. Turning left at low speed over bumps.

·
1 Posts
I sure would like to know as well, because I just received a call regarding my 2016 XD Platinum Titan noises and was told it's the Right pillar making the noise and to fix it the entire dash and window has to be removed. The repair is roughly $2000! My truck has less than 37k miles. I don't drive it much, but when I do I want it quiet like when I first bought it. This truck is way too expensive to have noises this soon. From reading here it seems this should be a recall issue.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts