Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my XD Pro4x. Already clocked 600 miles and the steering drifts slightly on the right. I have to constantly steer left in order to drive straight. Is this bad design on XD diesels? Has anyone else reported/fixed this problem.:serious:

·
1,979 Posts
You Commented on a different thread with basically the same issues 18 minutes before starting this thread, I'm guessing you already know the answer to your question. Like the other members with the similar problems, take it to the dealer so at the minimum they can document your issue.

·
348 Posts
Texas, my gas Pro4X did the same thing. My dealership contacted Nissan, and Nissan has discovered that the original alignment specs can be "expanded" and that's what they did on mine, straight as an arrow. Took them literally ALL day, but they got it.

·
Banned
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks WireNut. Took mine at dealership yesterday. They seem to know/heard of the problem. Will see what they say when I get it back. I'll let ya'll know

·
Banned
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got the latest from my dealer on the Steering issue: They have done all kind of work to include several alignments, tire rotation, and measurements but still cannot figure it out. They called Nissan and an "expert" told them to disassemble the tires and conduct computerized measurements on the rims, shocks, and who knows what else. The truck is in the shop since Monday and they have no clue how to fix it yet. I told them that other XD owners have reported the same problem and Nissan had adviced to fix them by "Expending Alignments specs" They have no idea what that means and they have to follow whatever this "Expert" from Nissan HQ tells them. I'm going to call Nissan directly now and see what that does.

·
260 Posts
Bought Pearl White Pro4x, build date 4/2016 yesterday after driving several trucks and putting nearly 200 miles test driving the one I bought. Driving both sides of crowned road, EVER SO SLIGHT drift right. Can't yet pin it though. Will keep an eye on it for worsening, tire wear, etc.

·
Banned
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my XD back and here is what was done to correct the drift to the right: It was found that TOE was out of spec. Nissan tech line advised to set Camber to NEG 6Degrees and wheels straight tracked. Alignment was set to new specs with straight tracked wheels. I seems to pull a lot less to the right now. Also Pro4X has the off road road level display (see pic). Display that on the dashboard while driving and watch if the truck pulls on 0 degree road level. I tried mine and it seems to not pull as much anymore.

Attachments

·
260 Posts
Forgot to include on my last post that I observed the Off Road display while checking the drift right. It does show a bias of just a 2 or 3 degrees to the right while driving in the right lane. Could be because of the crown in the road. Will keep an eye on that, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts