Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned Nissan trucks since the first 1986.5 Hardbody came out, then upgraded to a King cab 1990 hardbody, both 4x4. Born and raised in central FL, played in many a swamp. Had a2000 Chevy 2500 4x4 gasser, junk, everything started breaking just after warranty expired. Went back to current truck 2004 Titan CC, with 155000 mi. I bought all these trucks new. The Nissan line of truck is the only one tough enough to take what I give them and still look good inside and out. Well Toyota, but never owned one. I have been following the XD since inception. I am good friends with our local Nissan dealership owner, test drove the XD at the launch party in Dec. and again when they got their first one, a silver SL 2x4, beautiful truck. My Gun Metalic loaded SV is supposed to be here by 2/19 !!! I'm getting antsy.

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to break it in by driving to the East coast, Port Canaveral, FL, watch the sun rise, eat some breakfast, jump in truck, take the long way to SW coast, Fort Myers area, watch the sun set, eat some fresh seafood, head back to central FL. Then do it again the following weekend, only this time dragging my 18 ft. Bay boat, after that, it's time to hook up the travel trailer (only 6000 lb.) and head to fort Wilderness. Now you understand why I'm getting tired of waiting!!

·
36 Posts
I'm going to break it in by driving to the East coast, Port Canaveral, FL, watch the sun rise, eat some breakfast, jump in truck, take the long way to SW coast, Fort Myers area, watch the sun set, eat some fresh seafood, head back to central FL. Then do it again the following weekend, only this time dragging my 18 ft. Bay boat, after that, it's time to hook up the travel trailer (only 6000 lb.) and head to fort Wilderness. Now you understand why I'm getting tired of waiting!!
Lucky you. Must be super anxious. I bet you'll be at the dealership before anyone else.lol

·
72 Posts
So tommorow you get your rig? Nice! Loving ours so far. Just a different critter than the dozens of rigs I've owned.
Wife keeps running off with it lol. Crazy how quiet they have gotten, I've a95 bronco that I swapped a 2006 1 ton super duty running gear under and plopped a 7.3 IDI turbo and 5 speed in her. love that machine, but she does SOUND like a diesel lol.

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's supposed to be here between the 9th and the 19th, if goes like the release, I may get to compare it to the gas version. My toy is a 92 Wrangler, but my 18 yo son seems to have claimed it, he had no interest until the lift, exhaust, cam etc. Funny how that works.

·
405 Posts

We'll have to get together then. Twin Peaks in Fort Myers. Exit 128 right of I-75 lol

Good luck with the truck though. Mine is sitting at Naples Nissan for the 2nd time in a month.

·
72 Posts
Hope they get you squared away footloose. Perhaps it was just a fri night special. (We hope! Lol)
One of my biggest reservations was the new block design.
Really just had to go with the Cummings name on that one and hope for the same dependability. Our Xd is flawless to this point, but still less than 1k so? It gets the backhoe on it this weekend, first 'real' tow test for mine. The hoe with implements will put me over 11k on a gooseneck. I live on a massive grade as well, will be a good test

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We'll have to get together then. Twin Peaks in Fort Myers. Exit 128 right of I-75 lol

Good luck with the truck though. Mine is sitting at Naples Nissan for the 2nd time in a month.
Yea, I've seen your other posts, that sucks. Unfortunately, the Govt. has let the EPA loose on emissions, diesels used to be able to idle for hours, now it's only the "exempt" ones, like power companies etc. But I did get my call from my dealer today, they let me know that the delivery date was now 2/22-3/2, so I'm still waiting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts