Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone else is experiencing issues with plastic rattles in the passenger side I've narrowed it down to being a bundle of wiring laying on top of the subwoofer. Looks like I need to buy some zip ties.

And for some reason I can't upload photos using the mobile website like I could last week or else I would show you guys.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
That's funny, my salesman told me the subwoofer was under the big grill in the middle of the dash which I found hard to believe!

·
920 Posts
That's funny, my salesman told me the subwoofer was under the big grill in the middle of the dash which I found hard to believe!

Salespeople say all kinds of things. Sometimes they are just passing on what they have been told. Sometimes they are just making it up because they don't want to look like they don't know the answer.

·
235 Posts
Thanks to forums, buyers and owners are sometimes even more informed about the vehicle than the salespeople are. Actually, this seems to be a common occurrence these days.

·
1,265 Posts
My salesman told me when questioned about the lack of a trailer light hookup in the bed that there was an adapter that plugged into the 120 volt outlet.... LMAO....

·
1 Posts
That bundle of wires on the subwoofer goes to the seat. Be careful you don't zip tie anything in a way that it might bind as the seat goes forward and back.
If you can find a spot where there is plastic on plastic contact, wrapping in foam like Footloose301 said may be a better plan.

·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My mechanic wrapped it in some type of foam tape. Works great.

·
43 Posts
I had the same issue but I took it to the shop and they fixed it for free and they took the seat out and re did it all I will have to post a picture of the Repair order they also used some kind of foam and used lock tight on the bolts that hold the sub box down. my hole box was wiggling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts