Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
72 Posts
I am curious too because as dumb as it sounds that is a major option that I want to have. When you spend that kind of money you should get every option you want. Power folding mirrors too would be nice.

·
608 Posts
I would assume the sunroof would be available. I don't see why it wouldn't be. Is there a reason in particular that you are concerned?

·
22 Posts
Its a big deal to me as well as my current vehicle has a panoramic sunroof that is one of my favorite features. I'm willing to go "down" to a sunroof, but will not buy without one.

·
24 Posts
wait.. this does not have power folder tow mirrors? I hope it does. this is on my list of trucks to get. titan, 150, ram 2500 or f250.

·
94 Posts
I seem to recall seeing a vid of the XD where someone folded the mirrors of a platinum with a switch on the door panel.

·
91 Posts
Hold on just a sec, I should have rephrased my last post. We know now that a sunroof is delayed by one model year. I was hoping to get confirmation on the availability of power folding tow mirrors. If it doesn't have it, I'm sorry Nissan...it won't be my next truck. If you want to play in the big truck sandbox, you've got to bring the goods...

The truck market is all about packaging, features and options. No other vehicle is as customizable from the factory as a truck. Things like power folding tow mirrors, fuel tank options, axle ratios, suspension options, remote locking tailgates, infotainment and displays, even the key...it all matters. Big time. And it has to be done right. Need valuable advice Nissan? Ask any farmer (like myself) from the prairies...we'll tell you how to do it! Put it through it's paces driving 95% off pavement on the washboard/potholed/muddy SK gravel roads that will eat anything but E rated tires for lunch; -40c winters plowing through snow drifts to get to town; the insane bugs in the summer (where you stop at the gas station not for gas, but to clean your windshield...every 100 km!); or towing a 35ft draper combine header that sags the truck to the axle bump stops. Yeah...this is real. This...is how trucks are used where I come from.

Basically what I'm saying, if Nissan isn't following the detailed truck lineup model that GM, Ford and Ram uses...it'll be stuck in the same market appeal category as the Tundra. And not that there is anything wrong with that...it just means "options limited"...per se. Look how long it took Toyota to deliver on an integrated trailer brake controller? My goodness!

I still have my hopes for this truck though as there is so much that we don't know yet...gotta keep waiting...

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just concerned of when it would be an option as none have been seen. I would hope that since the Platinum is one of the first to get released that they would have that option ready to go. I am like others that I won't buy a truck w/o that roof option.
I also would like a power retractable step bar. The factory one was just not all that impressive from what I saw at the Tx St fair.
I am very interested in this new vehicle but don't think it is worth me waiting another year for a few options and aftermarket sunroof is out of question.
As another poster said, you pay good coin for the ride you might as well get what you want.
I am just looking to down grade to a lighter loaded out Cummings diesel from my "dirtymax" slt that I am happy with except for the terrible mileage.

·
313 Posts
Hold on just a sec, I should have rephrased my last post. We know now that a sunroof is delayed by one model year. I was hoping to get confirmation on the availability of power folding tow mirrors. If it doesn't have it, I'm sorry Nissan...it won't be my next truck. If you want to play in the big truck sandbox, you've got to bring the goods...
Geez, then there are those of us who are just hoping for an affordable, basic Titan with a Cummins!:crying2:

But I wouldn't worry. Luxury trucks are where the money is and Nissan knows that. 10-20 years ago they didn't have luxury trucks, now they're a necessity if they want to do well financially.

Reactions: pyro404

·
15 Posts
I am surprised that it took years for Nissan to refresh the Titan and a sunroof is not an option. Not a deal breaker but seems to be a "standard" option in modern day trucks.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
I used to be a big fan of sunroofs. Though I rarely use them and twenty years down the road when the seals harden up and it starts leaking a person wonders why they bought a car that came with a hole in the roof from the factory.

·
96 Posts
I don't think they have power fold in mirrors either witch should not be a big deal anyways if that stops you from buying this truck then move on.

·
96 Posts
I used to be a big fan of sunroofs. Though I rarely use them and twenty years down the road when the seals harden up and it starts leaking a person wonders why they bought a car that came with a hole in the roof from the factory.
I am the same way I have a sun roof in my current titan and rarely use it.

·
608 Posts
I don't think they have power fold in mirrors either witch should not be a big deal anyways if that stops you from buying this truck then move on.
With such a wide vehicle, those power fold mirrors can be quite helpful though. That seems like a feature that should be standard on trucks these days. A little bit of an oversight that they did not include it with the Titan.

·
658 Posts

The truck market is all about packaging, features and options. No other vehicle is as customizable from the factory as a truck. Things like power folding tow mirrors, fuel tank options, axle ratios, suspension options, remote locking tailgates, infotainment and displays, even the key...it all matters. Big time. And it has to be done right. Need valuable advice Nissan? Ask any farmer (like myself) from the prairies...we'll tell you how to do it! Put it through it's paces driving 95% off pavement on the washboard/potholed/muddy SK gravel roads that will eat anything but E rated tires for lunch; -40c winters plowing through snow drifts to get to town; the insane bugs in the summer (where you stop at the gas station not for gas, but to clean your windshield...every 100 km!); or towing a 35ft draper combine header that sags the truck to the axle bump stops. Yeah...this is real. This...is how trucks are used where I come from.

Basically what I'm saying, if Nissan isn't following the detailed truck lineup model that GM, Ford and Ram uses...it'll be stuck in the same market appeal category as the Tundra. And not that there is anything wrong with that...it just means "options limited"...per se. Look how long it took Toyota to deliver on an integrated trailer brake controller? My goodness!

I still have my hopes for this truck though as there is so much that we don't know yet...gotta keep waiting...
So... what your saying, is that even if it meets all of your demanding criteria EXCEPT power folding mirrors you're out? Sure sounds like a prima donna "farmer" to me...

·
857 Posts
Of all things to make someone opt out of this truck, a luxury item we probably won't get which plays a small part in the overall experience was not what I was expecting.

A legit reason to opt out is because of poor engine options or something that really matters to what this truck was built for and who it's supposed to target.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts