Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over a year ago my truck started making a creaking noise that gets louder over time. I've had it in the shop 4 times now for multiple weeks and they keep replacing front end suspension components (control arms etc). It is silent for a few weeks then gradually returns. Even standing on the running board and rocking the truck back and forth makes a loud creaking sound coming from the front end of the truck. Any ideas ? Goes out of warranty in 6 months and am scared the dealer won't have it fixed and I'll be paying out of pocket.

·
Super Moderator
166 Posts
I currently have same issue. I'm running icon suspension lift though I've looked over suspension parts and greased uca's and what not but Still have a squeak. also have squeak that sounds like breaks need changed but they only squeak when letting off accelerator not when applying the breaks

·
1,303 Posts
I had a suspension noise that turned out to be the top hat nuts that hold the front strut in the coil bucket. The three nuts right on top- they were like a full turn loose each.

You can access them easily right in the fender well with basic hand tools, no floor jack needed.

·
9 Posts
I know it sounds weird but the hood latch itself can rub and was making a slight squeaking sound until I figured it out. Liberally, Put a dollop of wheel grease on the bar portion of the hood that fits into latch mechanism.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts