Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Electrical Gurus and Others:

I have an SV & would like to swap the factory halogen headlights for the projector LEDs found on the upper trims. Many of these LED headlights are available on Ebay and the prices have come down a little. Has anyone done this, or does anyone know if this can be done?

I guess there are probably 2 things to consider with this:
1) Would the mounting locations be the same between the two different style headlights?
2) What wiring changes would need to happen to make the LEDs work in my truck set up for halogen?

There is one guy on here that appears to have done it. I tried contacting him directly, but couldn't get a hold of him. The info he provided in the thread is a little scant, but he talks about using a number of relays on each side to pull it off.

Thanks for reading and helping out if you can.

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cajun. Do you mean by that the wiring harness that specifically deals with the lights, or like ENTIRE new wiring harness for much of the electronics?

·
30 Posts
Pretty sure just for the headlights, not 100% sure. But I would definitly look into before taking the leap

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Cajun. I need to dig into this further starting with the setup with the headlights on my truck. I wish I could compare mine with a LED equipped truck side-by-side, to grasp the differences in wiring.

·
30 Posts
Thanks Cajun. I need to dig into this further starting with the setup with the headlights on my truck. I wish I could compare mine with a LED equipped truck side-by-side, to grasp the differences in wiring.
Where are you located? I wouldn’t mind meeting up if you are somewhat local

1 - 8 of 8 Posts